What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dejected

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
Normally after a loss I'm pretty much thinking positive again after a maximum of 1 day. I am normally quite optimistic after a loss and usually am able to convince myself that we are not done and we are about to hit back in a big way.. However, after this loss I can't get myself back on sync.. I am still feeling pretty low.. What do I have to do to gear myself up again for the up coming game?? Is this the end of another season or are we gonna do the same as Melbourne in 99, dogs in 04 or the broncos in 06. Can we do it?? This is wrong, we shouldn't be in this position. We had too good a season.. And if I see another picture of Hayne hushing the crowd I am gonna lose the plot... :crazy::crazy:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Dont read any website or paper or magazine or watch any news/footy show til Saturday night.
Wear your jersey with pride. We havent lost anything yet. Still gotta take it one game at a time. Pick your cliche.

Stay strong.

To paraphrase the great thinker Michael Weyman 'Us Dragons supporters have gotta stick together. If we believe in the team enough, we're a close knit group of supporters, we stick pretty close together, and we've gotta keep sticking together to ride this one out.'

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
I think you're right. Looking at some articles now, I can't believe how much crap and pressure is being generated about us. I just hope that the players don't read it.
Well here's to a cracker game on Saturday. We get through this one and we're a big chance for mine. Go the Dragons..

silverex

Bench
I know what you're saying, DD, but it's not over yet!

Go and have a read of the other thread about Dragons being winners already and see what Wayne says.

Winning the Premiership from here will show what a great team the Dragons are this year!

And, BTW, welcome to the Forum.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons were the 3rd best team last weekend and will be the best 1 this weekend after Titans beat Eels and Dragons smash the Dragons. Dogs and Bronco's won their games but were far from impressive.

That will then leave the top 4 battle it out for the premiership. Saints have beaten the remaining teams so I would not lose any hope yet. Far from it.

They have had their backs to the wall a few times and have won all games they have been picked to lose. The Saints tend to lose the games they are expected to win so being in this position will suit the players mentaly imo.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yeah i was shattered after last weeks loss and have been most the week. Havent followed much media all week as i really havent wanted to listen to the deathriders and havent been as active in the forums as usual this week.

Im confident in the boys this Sat night but also not overly confident... The first 20 minutes will set the game and im going to be nervous!!!

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
Thanks for the welcome SilverRex..
After winning the minor premirship, I think the team was on such a high and didn't come down quick enough for the game against the eels..
I believe that the loss would have been a major wakeup call for the team and there will be no complacency on Saturday.. My thoughts anyway...
Good article that you mentioned. In all honesty, Dragons have already exceeded their expectations for the year.. Realistic goal for me at the beginning of the year would have been to make the top eight and to be more competitive.. This showed throughout the year when most games we lost were by 6 or less.. Dogs have also way exceeded their expectations..

big pat

Coach
the problem i see is we lack mongrel, look how guys like hodges,inglis,thurston,get into people's faces, everyone from other clubs hate them but they are effective, also look at andrew ryan, cam smith, matt orford,they know exactly how far they can go whingeing at referee's, i wouldn't swap hornby for anybody but i just think he is a bit too nice.

jargan83

Coach
Immediately after the loss on Sunday I was probably crankier then usual, then dejected, but we live to fight another day at least (and the small conselation that we knocked out the Sea Eagles)

I know that I came into the season with hopes that we would finish in the Top 8 and not be as erratic as we have been in past in regards our performances. If anyone told me we would win the Minor Premiership at the start of the year I would have laughed. But now that we have done that and you don't win the MP without playing consistant footy.

Whilst my original expectations were met, I also began to dream of a premiership I didn't want to see the opportunity wasted as it takes alot of work to win a Premiership. But with the squad we have I feel that we will be a chance in comming years

The Colonel

Immortal
Normally after a loss I'm pretty much thinking positive again after a maximum of 1 day. I am normally quite optimistic after a loss and usually am able to convince myself that we are not done and we are about to hit back in a big way.. However, after this loss I can't get myself back on sync.. I am still feeling pretty low.. What do I have to do to gear myself up again for the up coming game?? Is this the end of another season or are we gonna do the same as Melbourne in 99, dogs in 04 or the broncos in 06. Can we do it?? This is wrong, we shouldn't be in this position. We had too good a season.. And if I see another picture of Hayne hushing the crowd I am gonna lose the plot... :crazy::crazy:

As a Parramatta fan of many years I understand your frustration and your current emotions as well as any. It was only last week that my wife was calling me a sook after I'd given up on them ten minutes after you'd spanked us 37-0. By Monday I was still sour but looked ahead and listened to some of the positive talk coming out of our own camp.

You still have a remarkably strong team across the paddock that is still focused on the job ahead. That and the record you guys have against the Broncos and their poor finals record at home should be motivation enough for you to lift the chin and drop the pout.

A week is a long time as was proved on Sunday.... you guys are far from finished.

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
True that Colonel...
A week is a long time.. Will need to bounce back in a big way on Saturday..
Who knows, we may be facing each other again on GF Day..

The Colonel

Immortal
True that Colonel...
A week is a long time.. Will need to bounce back in a big way on Saturday..
Who knows, we may be facing each other again on GF Day..

Who knows..... one thing is for sure you'll definitely have something to feel dejected about then. ;-):lol:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And if I see another picture of Hayne hushing the crowd I am gonna lose the plot... :crazy::crazy:

here you go.

90697178.jpg

but.. just to prove i'm not a complete prick, here's something to help you:

white-6-d-straight-jacket.gif

RedV6

Juniors
Well Said. Thats what I have been doing. for the first time in years I didnt even turn on the tv last night. And I am getting more confident as each day goes bye.

GO SAINTS !!!!

Dont read any website or paper or magazine or watch any news/footy show til Saturday night.
Wear your jersey with pride. We havent lost anything yet. Still gotta take it one game at a time. Pick your cliche.

Stay strong.

To paraphrase the great thinker Michael Weyman 'Us Dragons supporters have gotta stick together. If we believe in the team enough, we're a close knit group of supporters, we stick pretty close together, and we've gotta keep sticking together to ride this one out.'