What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney given chance to star in pivotal role for Eels - SMH

The Colonel

Immortal
forward pass said:
Good to hear Smith finally speak.

Bit of a gamble this Delaney thing, but I really hope it works out !

Not as big a gamble as you might think. He played much of his junior career at lock and five eighth. He'll do well.......

shaun

Juniors
i havnt seen Delaney play 5/8 but he seems to be the type of 5/8 Brian Smith likes ie a second lock. It would be good to have a natural 5/8. i have high hopes that Green will come through soon. But i hope Delaney goes well. I will try not judge him till i see him play or hear how he went as im living in UK.

Kris Keating looks like he will be the Natural 5/8 we are looking for. He has a very good passing and Running game Blake is a halfback and very good one but he did struggle at times last year 5/8 in Flegg. Saying that i saw him have some good games too.He could still do it though u never know. Blake is the type of player that needs to get the ball in his hands all the time which comes natural for a halfback.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Twizzle said:
just let us know which side Walker is defending on,

the rest should be pretty easy :D

hahahha THATS Right!! thats where he went!!
why oh why aren't i going to Ballina!!! :cry:

ohwell, watching walker play wouldn't be the same for me unless Fui Fui was out there, doing my bidding! :badgrin:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
"We thought Brett was terrific in his two games in the centres last season and his development has continued during the off-season," Smith said.

im excited! :D

1eyedeel

Juniors
Widders was playing at first receiver during some of the training drills this week and was throwing some wonderful cut-out passes, I wouldn't rule him out of the equation...

Oh and Delaney's second benefit as five-eighth is his has a big raking boot on him, which is really helpful when your primary kicker is as good as Smith...

And unless JOhn Morris was being a smart arse when I spoke to hime he's still aiming to be in contention for Knights game... By the way I interviewed Blake Green as well, which was interesting, will have that story posted today or tomorrow at 1Eyed..

Agent Mulder

Bench
GREAT NEWS, I've only seen Delaney twice in those games he started and he looks the goods, I have a feeling that Johnny Morris might have a hard time getting the Six Back, Dean Widders at 5/8? Well it might or might not work.

filthy_spammers said:
Widders was playing at first receiver during some of the training drills this week and was throwing some wonderful cut-out passes, I wouldn't rule him out of the equation...

Oh and Delaney's second benefit as five-eighth is his has a big raking boot on him, which is really helpful when your primary kicker is as good as Smith...

And unless JOhn Morris was being a smart arse when I spoke to hime he's still aiming to be in contention for Knights game... By the way I interviewed Blake Green as well, which was interesting, will have that story posted today or tomorrow at 1Eyed..

You have a great site mate, Keep it up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well I'm just about to 5th it, so if you can 5th it, I'd say you can still 4th it..

I think I need lie down.