What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney in Premier League

Parra2006

Juniors
Delaney in Premier league

Is it only me or does anyone else share this view?

Considering we are heading towards the business end off the session and every point does count, wouldn’t you put Delaney back in 1st grade for his goal kicking ability? I know Riddell only missed one last week and Hayne can kick too, I just think Delaney is more consistent and Piggy missed a few the week before.

This is only my option and at the end off the day if JT put Foifoi in fullback I would not question his judgment.

Freak2

Juniors
Who would you drop!

Odi was our best last week and Ben Smith's defence speaks for itself.

Delaney did nothing to impress me in Prems last week and he simply seems like he is going through the motions now!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Have to ask the same question - who does he replace? If Tahu comes back he is a logical choice but O'Dwyer is in much better form than Delaney, he doesn't fit into the forwards as such and Ben Smith has been defending strongly.

Parra2006

Juniors
That’s the thing who would you drop

Personally I think the points Delaney brings to the team are worth more than what wagon brings.

But then we are left with another problem, who will kick when Delaney is on the bench.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The answer is a resounding NO. Tahu ,Smith and O'Dwyer are all in far better form. I still believe Piggy is the best kicker in the club but just hasn't had enough practice over the last couple of seasons. We will be right for kicking.

Rookie

Juniors
Goal Kicking is a problem. What happened to Piggy, he was a fairly reliable kicker. Lack of practice?

Gronk

Staff member
Piggy goes OK. I saw that he asked for one-on-one tuition with JT last week. Hence the retirement of the salute. Between Piggy and Jarryd, we're going Ok. To go from great attacking options with O'Dwyer in the middle to zero with Delaney would be crazy IMHO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm more than happy with the side chosen for tomorrow night, even happier when T comes back.

Freak2

Juniors
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
The answer is a resounding NO. Tahu ,Smith and O'Dwyer are all in far better form. I still believe Piggy is the best kicker in the club but just hasn't had enough practice over the last couple of seasons. We will be right for kicking.

Piggy is not the best kicker at the club.

JT is!!;-)

Nickeel

Juniors
Parra2006 said:
Personally I think the points Delaney brings to the team are worth more than what wagon brings.

What about the points Wagon saves via a tightened defensive structure?

You could not drop Wagon at the moment. He is in a career Renaissance and is also offering a lot more in attack than I remember from him since the 2001 season.

Nick

ParraAds

Juniors
No way can Delaney come back into first grade in my opinion....

The real issue is who will be forced out when Tahu returns?? I'd have to leave out Ben Smith.... O'Dwyer is just undroppable at the moment.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Nope keep him in PL, He isn't even with the club next year and O'Dwyer, Smith and Tahu are ahead of him, I would even put Grothe in the centres before Delaney.

Freak2

Juniors
ParraAds said:
No way can Delaney come back into first grade in my opinion....

The real issue is who will be forced out when Tahu returns?? I'd have to leave out Ben Smith.... O'Dwyer is just undroppable at the moment.

This is the real issue!!

For mine - Call me nuts but I would drop Deano and Chalky back onto the bench!!

Wagon, Benny, & Chalky all playing better than Deano at the moment!!

Agent Mulder

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:
Some ppl are so underated. Wags is definately one of them.

Daniel Wagon is a great club man and always plays his heart out for Parramatta, He isn't flashy thats why no one rates him, I would always put him in my 17, The amount of crap that he cops (ALOT on this Eels Forum mind you) is a disgrace.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
Justin Tsolous?? :shock:

well there you go....

:lol: :lol:

Delaneys goalkicking will be an asset though finals time.

I actually think Lurk Burt could well make a return soon.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Burty is a better kicker than delaney and riddell. At the end of last year and before he was dropped, I had full confidence in Burty's GK. Not so with Riddell or Delaney.

Benny simply blocks any attack headed out his way. It's like there is a moving mountain on our left hand side defense and players either run into it or try real hard to run around it. So the opposition goes and attack Odie and Hayne and usually slips passes to them.

Odie is just as sound in defense as delaney and offers more in attack. Especially his combo with Hayne and Widders.

spiderdan

Bench
delaney's goal kicking?

i may be missing something but has delaney's goal kicking been that good?

i recall him having a great day with the boot against the piegers i think it was but he is hardly someone you would put in the top squad for their goal kicking when you consider the likes of ben smith, tahu, and o'dwyer recently, are ahead of him.

Latest posts