What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney in Premier League

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: :lol:

Delaneys goalkicking will be an asset though finals time.

I actually think Lurk Burt could well make a return soon.

Unless we have injuries Burt will not play first grade again this year. Who would he replace out of McKinnon, Hayne and Grothe. No chance

Pricey73

Juniors
No he had his chance in First Grade and really didnt do all that much to stay there Odwyer has played great and with Tahu to come back I think we are fine for centres and we could bring in John Williams for kicking...

Hurriflatch

Referee
When Delaney was playing the team was going backwards.

Delaney is more of a forward anyway and really should be playing at lock not in the centres.

yy_cheng

Coach
Even though the team was going backwards when Delaney played, would you still give him a crack over O'Dwyer?

Hurriflatch

Referee
No, and like I said he is more of a lock not a centre anyway while O'Dwyer is more a centre then a lock

yy_cheng

Coach
With some training and PL games at lock, he would play like Fitzgibbon and kick goals too.

However, he wants to play centre

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
With some training and PL games at lock, he would play like Fitzgibbon and kick goals too.

However, he wants to play centre

You sure about that? Because last year he saw a position for himself in the backrow and asked to be considered as a lock. This year he sees himself as a centre becaus that is where the Titans want him. To be honest I think he just wants to play first grade and saw a better chance to do so up on the Coast.

yy_cheng

Coach
No I agree, I think you are right about just wanting to play 1st grade (that's what every PL players attitude should be) but I am sure that I read something that his decision to sign with the GC was a) Parents and b) Playing Centre.

Just on that, if I was Joel, I would learn to play centre and/or wing.

Lets see if I can dig it out.

yy_cheng

Coach
Delaney said, “It seems like there’s a really good vibe at the Titans with the new team. Scott Sattler, John Cartwright and Michael Searle have briefed me on what the plans are up there and it sounds really good. I am just eager to get to the Gold Coast and start pre-season training.”

Delaney’s decision was made easier by being able to achieve his goal of potentially playing full time in the centres. He has played a handful of games for the Eels in that position this year but he concedes this was mainly because of injury to the incumbents.

“It wasn’t really a hard decision in the end”, said Delaney. “I am moving up for the opportunity to play in the centres. At Parramatta those positions are taken by Tamana (Tahu) and Ben (Smith). If I wanted to stay there I would have to play back row so Carty (John Cartwright) said that there is an opportunity to play in the centres so I took that lead with both hands and I am happy I made the decision.”

http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles/jul06/artid6024.html

caylo

Bench
also, for that comment to drop widders. i think chalky and hayne has been scoring so many tried because widders works well with them. widders creates alot of 3 on 2, and chalky runs very good lines. he doesn't have the speed and skill of sum, but his hole running realy suits the centre possy.. no matter how good a defender you are, dean widders fouls alot of defenders, and chalky takes advantage. widders picking up in form, also coinsides with odwyer comming in, they work well together

Utey

Coach
lol who said drop Widders? His kicking game and running game are coming back at the right time for us. He is creating a lot for us atm.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah no point in dropping Widders he's been in very good form

If Parra were out of the running for the finals I could see some merit in dropping players like Widders and O'Dwyer who will not be at the club and giving guys like Weller and Inu a taste of 1st grade before 2007 but thats about it.

Sean7

Juniors
Parra2006 said:
Delaney in Premier league

Is it only me or does anyone else share this view?

Considering we are heading towards the business end off the session and every point does count, wouldn’t you put Delaney back in 1st grade for his goal kicking ability? I know Riddell only missed one last week and Hayne can kick too, I just think Delaney is more consistent and Piggy missed a few the week before.

This is only my option and at the end off the day if JT put Foifoi in fullback I would not question his judgment.

So we gain a goal or two and lose about 3 tries. O'Dwyer was absolutely brilliant last week. Delaney would not have been able to do the same.

Delaney looks like he's running on the spot and his goal kicking is not consistant enough to allow him to claim a first grade spot based on that alone.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
delaney in premier league sounds good to me odie has been playing great worry about the game goalkicking will work itself out

Latest posts