What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney - Sunday Telegraph rumour.

Kornstar

Coach
fish eel said:
**deep breath**

I've heard at least one other player from our club will be linked to another club, possibly Newcastle, before the years end. But, the real killer is, I've heard possibly a player from another club, maybe Newcastle, will be linked to Parramatta before the seasons end. :D

Timmy to Newcastle, Johns to Eels?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
PB said:
Yes but they already had him signed up. Like Vagana at the Sharks. But we would be spending massive dollars to play a guy in a position he has played very little of at the top level? And as this el supremo player who people on here think (and they are entitled to their opinon) would be a great 5/8, yet Daniel Anderson and before him Brian Smith thought (and still think) he is a better centre.

Brian rates John Morris as a pivot, that really ruins his credibility. Daniel Anderson played Vinnie Anderson at 6 at international level, I think that speaks for itself. Not to mention the 2 very talented young halfbacks he ruined trying to turn them into five-eighths.

Lyon's got all the skills for 6, great short passing, good long passing, brilliant offload and a pretty good kicking game. I doubt I have to tell you about his running game. He just never gets his chance in the #6. If we lost Delaney and signed Lyon, I could live with that. Delaney is only 3 years younger and nowhere near as talented as Lyon. Plus Lyon is just as good at goalkicking so we wouldn't lose anything there.

Though I'd much rather we lost Ben Smith than Delaney.

spiderdan

Bench
eelavation said:
roosters now is it???

I heard 4 different clubs last week as well as the fact he might be staying...tbh, i don't think anyone knows.
the news came from a pretty reliable grapevine. have i been wrong before with any goss i've posted?

back me up wouldya hellsy.

fish eel

Immortal
whose got yours?

Being everyones wingman, will leave you exposed. Thats why goose got shot down in top gun. no wingman.

Hellsy

Immortal
I base my backing on Spidey's previous predictions that have come true.
If I am left exposed then so be it, but Spidey is kind of like PP, newmanj... he knows things..

sooperdooper

First Grade
spiderdan said:
delaney wont be with us next year (more than likely wont anyway). he is apparently very unhappy with the contract the club offered him and will be playing for the roosters or the titans next year.

you wont see him in roosters colours, best rumour i have heard is the gold coast is quite interested!

Avenger

Immortal
If the club considers Delaney a centre, then for mine it's a no brainer. Apparently Ben Smith has re-signed. The club had to make a choice between Ben Smith or Delaney. They chose Ben. Tahu has the other centre position covered whilst Inu is the up and comer.

Delaney will subsequently leave.

parra pete

Referee
I only know 'fings' about other Clubs...not about Parra, unfortunately. But I keep my ear close to the ground. The Neil Henry story came from sources very close to the Raiders...that's how I knew it was going to bear fruit

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
the news came from a pretty reliable grapevine. have i been wrong before with any goss i've posted?

back me up wouldya hellsy.

you could be 150% correct, in fact let's just say for arguement's sake you are, I'm only telling you what I heard but if I post everything I hear each and every week than people would be refering me to mental institutions.