What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney - Sunday Telegraph rumour.

PB

Bench
Twizzle said:
he has been playing 5/8, but not all the time

he played 5/8 for Weewah

C'mon Twizzle!

Up until last year, Jeff Hardy, former St George prop was playing 5/8 for the strong Port Kembla side. I don't think it is quite the same....

stuke

Bench
Twizzle said:
he has been playing 5/8, but not all the time

he played 5/8 for Weewah

he could have played anywhere for Wee Waa, it wouldn't have made a difference. :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
PB said:
C'mon Twizzle!

Up until last year, Jeff Hardy, former St George prop was playing 5/8 for the strong Port Kembla side. I don't think it is quite the same....

C'mon PB

Comparing Hardy to Lyon is hardly a fair comparison

Lyon is talented enough to play anywhere

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gasnier played 5/8 for the Dragons. I think Lyon would kill it.

* Great footwork;

* Speed and agility;

* Strong defence;

* We all saw him when he played for us put in a few great kicks;

* Solid goal-kicker.

PB

Bench
Twizzle said:
C'mon PB

Comparing Hardy to Lyon is hardly a fair comparison

Lyon is talented enough to play anywhere

Yes i know but I don't think comparing Group 4 to NRL is a fair comparison either.

PB

Bench
Eelementary said:
Gasnier played 5/8 for the Dragons. I think Lyon would kill it.

Yes but they already had him signed up. Like Vagana at the Sharks. But we would be spending massive dollars to play a guy in a position he has played very little of at the top level? And as this el supremo player who people on here think (and they are entitled to their opinon) would be a great 5/8, yet Daniel Anderson and before him Brian Smith thought (and still think) he is a better centre.

And i know Lyon is a good player, but Gasnier (certainly offensively) is consistantly a better player now than Lyon was when he left ( i don't see Lyon play regularly now so it would be hard to compare the current Lyon).

Utey

Coach
PB said:
Yes but they already had him signed up. Like Vagana at the Sharks. But we would be spending massive dollars to play a guy in a position he has played very little of at the top level? And as this el supremo player who people on here think (and they are entitled to their opinon) would be a great 5/8, yet Daniel Anderson and before him Brian Smith thought (and still think) he is a better centre.

And i know Lyon is a good player, but Gasnier (certainly offensively) is consistantly a better player now than Lyon was when he left ( i don't see Lyon play regularly now so it would be hard to compare the current Lyon).

I cant remember what game he played 5/8 for us in 01? But he wasnt that flash. He was always keen to play there though. His probably the best prospect there if we were to get him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PB said:

Good point mate!

I don't know...I think the fact that Jamie wanted to play 5/8 for us sort of implies he could do it...

We'll just have to wait and see...

Eelementary

Post Whore
And about Brain Smith not wanting him at 5/8 possibly being a good indication that he wasn't up to iy...It's a good point.

HOWEVER, he tried and failed with blokes like Dykes and McFadden to fill in the 5/8 role (and halfback). He could have saved some money and tried Lyon there instead.

I don't want to turn this into a Brian bash - merely throw it out there for discussion.

strider

Post Whore
Lyon was an international centre - he played very well there - i think it was reasonable to be of the belief that was his best position when you had someone of Dykes experience at 5/8 - dykes may not have excelled at parra, but he did win 5/8 of the yr before coming here.

damo72

Juniors
Lyon played a couple of games last season for St Helens at 5/8 and this year he and Leon Pryce do swap around during the course of a game. Pryce was given the 6 jersey as that was apparently the deal he signed as he wanted to play 5/8 and Bradford were not giving him the chance.

spiderdan

Bench
delaney wont be with us next year (more than likely wont anyway). he is apparently very unhappy with the contract the club offered him and will be playing for the roosters or the titans next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
delaney wont be with us next year (more than likely wont anyway). he is apparently very unhappy with the contract the club offered him and will be playing for the roosters or the titans next year.

roosters now is it???

I heard 4 different clubs last week as well as the fact he might be staying...tbh, i don't think anyone knows.

fish eel

Immortal
**deep breath**

I've heard at least one other player from our club will be linked to another club, possibly Newcastle, before the years end. But, the real killer is, I've heard possibly a player from another club, maybe Newcastle, will be linked to Parramatta before the seasons end. :D

note: I may be tossing this up!

Latest posts