What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney

MrT

Juniors
This guy is all class, he should be the 1st PL player to be retained, although I hear it won't be easy. I sat with his aunty at the prelim final and she told me there are a a lot of big offers for him already. I'd say he could get a shot at lock or even 5/8, he's a brilliant runner with the ball in his hands, always makes good metres and has the defence guessing. If he leaves it will be a huge loss as he is a big talent. I know we can't keep them all but you have to keep the right ones.
I'd take a punt and play him infront of Wagon and Robinson, he has more attacking ability than those 2 put together, and we have Hindy and morro who can look after him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought he was signed up for next year...?

Anyhow, the staff think he's a talent too - I doubt they'd let him go without a fight.

eelz47

Coach
so he is off contract? i though we had a lot of discussion on him already bout him staying

Zippy Eel

Juniors
Big worry if he is off-contract, though i'm quite sure he is on contract for ext year. I hpe we retain him anyway because he IS a star of the future

Avenger

Immortal
eelsta said:
he is under contract for next year, and he doesnt want to go anywhere

He is definitely under contract. He is going no where. Their will be plenty of money to retain him when in 2007 when Morris, O'dwyer, Widders, Cannings, Graham, Burt, Henry Perenara leave.

newmanj

Juniors
This situation just re-iterates what a farce the anti tampering deadline is. He has had lots of huge offers yet is under contract.

Farce

Nikki

Coach
From memory I think he was testing the waters around June/July but has decided to stay with us for another year if not two (cant quite remember the conversation I had with him...)

Stagger eel

Staff member
he told me himself that he's staying and found the rumours of him leaving very funny.

Kornstar

Coach
He is one player that we NEED to keep at all costs, if he is still playing this way next year at around June time then i don't think we will let him go, he is way too talented, not to mention enthusiastic......something we lacked last week

Utey

Coach
Glad he is staying, he has a pretty big future ahead of him and plenty of FG footy to come.

rowdy

First Grade
goooooooo lolly legs!

he is tops and great under pressure. i hope we keep him for a while!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just need to keep him next year as was said there are a lot of players coming off contract at the end of 2006 who won't be staying O'Dwyer and Petersen (who may not even be here next year) are definatly gone while Morris, Burt, Graham, H.Perenara, Cannings, Widders and Robinson are all off contact and there is no way all will stay.

There will be enough money then to keep Delaney.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I haven't watched much PL this year. Especially not much involving Delaney - in fact, none.

I only saw him play First Grade and, while solid, he hardly set the world on fire...

You guys keep ranting and raving about how good he is - I tell you, the one Junior who made his debut this year that really impressed me was Reddy.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Avenger said:
He is definitely under contract. He is going no where. Their will be plenty of money to retain him when in 2007 when Morris, O'dwyer, Widders, Cannings, Graham, Burt, Henry Perenara leave.

Why the hell would u want Widders to leave?? Also, Perenara is class, Smithy just needs to bring out the best in him.

Latest posts