What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaney

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:
I haven't watched much PL this year. Especially not much involving Delaney - in fact, none.

I only saw him play First Grade and, while solid, he hardly set the world on fire...

You guys keep ranting and raving about how good he is - I tell you, the one Junior who made his debut this year that really impressed me was Reddy.

Get out and see this guy. He was great against Newtown last week and has been more than solid all year. IMO He has a future with our club if we can slot in somewhere in the team. Iam hoping he will see more FG next season.

Utey

Coach
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
Why the hell would u want Widders to leave?? Also, Perenara is class, Smithy just needs to bring out the best in him.

Perenara has proven he can bomb tries when noone thought it was possible.

Zippy Eel

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I haven't watched much PL this year. Especially not much involving Delaney - in fact, none.

I only saw him play First Grade and, while solid, he hardly set the world on fire...

You guys keep ranting and raving about how good he is - I tell you, the one Junior who made his debut this year that really impressed me was Reddy.

Tim Smith?

Hurriflatch

Referee
With due respect Eelementary, if you haven't gotten to see any of the lower grades then you can't really comment on if Delaney will or will not be good.

He only played 2 top grade games not really enough time to shine for a centre, fullback is a fair bit easier to look impressive more quickly as you'll always be involved in matches whereas centres may be kept quiet

Ben Smith looked like pretty much nothing in his 3 games in 1st grade in 2004 but those who saw him in the lower grades knew he had what it took and in 2005 he proved that.

lucablight

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
With due respect Eelementary, if you haven't gotten to see any of the lower grades then you can't really comment on if Delaney will or will not be good.

He only played 2 top grade games not really enough time to shine for a centre, fullback is a fair bit easier to look impressive more quickly as you'll always be involved in matches whereas centres may be kept quiet

Ben Smith looked like pretty much nothing in his 3 games in 1st grade in 2004 but those who saw him in the lower grades knew he had what it took and in 2005 he proved that.

I recall reading most people saying that Ben Smith was too one dimensional in attack. Most people wanted Wagon in the centres for this year and it was really only his great game against the cowboys which established him as a centre solution.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Actually I take it back.

The reason I said it was because he played much like he did in today's final - he never got much ball, so the bulk of what he did was run from dummy half and make strong tackles.

And after watching the Dragons game again and the final, I can honestly say he is all class.

Strong defence, great running, perfect goal-kicking....What a talent.

I guess because he didn't make in impact like Ben did in his first First Grade game I assumed he wasn't as great as you all said he was.

But I take it back. He is really quite a player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:

Nah mate - you make a very good point.

That's why I said my observation was based solely on 3 games - because that's all I saw of him.

But I do think he's a gun.

And I for one was impressed by Ben last year. I didn't expect him to improve so greatly this year, but I liked what I saw in 2004.