What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delusional Dragons (Deldrags)

BLM01

First Grade
Got it wrong with Ennis & Johns but the others are right inside Mary. Ennis was very critical of our failures to rest players and Johns on our game plans of 4 hit ups and a kick & lack of risk taking in attack.
If you have listened to Ennis he has said on Fox sitting at the little table with 1 on 1 with Russell and Lara that he thinks Mary has done a good job so far at the Dragons on occassions and is the right man for the job. Johns said the same earlier this year. Yeh they are critical of the Dragons at certain times too but we derserved it.

possm

Coach
If you have listened to Ennis he has said on Fox sitting at the little table with 1 on 1 with Russell and Lara that he thinks Mary has done a good job so far at the Dragons on occassions and is the right man for the job. Johns said the same earlier this year. Yeh they are critical of the Dragons at certain times too but we derserved it.
The proof is in the pudding:
Mid season fatigue repeated the past 3 years.
Poor bench management every season
No B plan ever
No premiership

I'd say that the appointment of a top grade coach would cause a change in attitude and culture within our first grade squad.

gitano

Juniors
Wasn't debating the fact whether the players like him or not, l'm just thinking he may play better with the responsibilities off his shoulders.

What do you think.....
Good point, can definitely see that side of it. Maybe a co captain role, with Gaz just running the side on the field and someone like Graham fronting the media would work?
I can't remember but a side pretty recently tried that, Manly if memory serves

Belta

Juniors
I feel there is a culture at the Dragons which accountability gives way to 'it's only a game' and 'we are professional athletes who do their best'. Few players seem genuinely unhappy and rare regret or take responsibility for the result. This includes the coaching staff and to a lesser extent, right up the management chain.

To me it seems that the attitude 'I am a professional NRL player', 'you can't win every game' 'I did my best' is the theme after a loss.

Reading this reminded me of listening to the press conference Meninga had after the loss to the Kiwi’s

He said something by simple like “oh we will be ready. I can assure you of that “ (in reference to their next match v the Tongan’s). Their was real conviction in the way he spoke. To me losing the next game was not an option. It’s only how I perceived his attitude.

Although I’d be only guessing but I doubt he’d of been content and satisfied at all that point.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mary is good at managing the bench. Knows exactly when to put another coat of paint on, tighten the screws., etc. As for the players that sit on them he thinks they are just spectators most of the time and needs to be reminded by the looks of things.

Well we will hear from his first press conference before 2019 kicks off and that is that he has learnt from last season. I really hope it is that he now knows how to draft a resignation letter.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Fair enough, then not captain material. After the 38 point loss to the Grubs and Eels, I really do expect a captain to speak up and say something that provides both answers and hope.

Spot on OY- Widdop is a lead from the front sort of guy which has its place but is not always effective leadership. Sometimes, a captain who puts the fear of God into us (like James Graham) is needed so that we actually do put our body on the line in the next tackle rather than going in half hearted and risk being pushed off (Take note Matt Dufty).

This Year?

Immortal
Mary is good at managing the bench. Knows exactly when to put another coat of paint on, tighten the screws., etc. As for the players that sit on them he thinks they are just spectators most of the time and needs to be reminded by the looks of things.

Well we will hear from his first press conference before 2019 kicks off and that is that he has learnt from last season. I really hope it is that he now knows how to draft a resignation letter.
That would take creativity and well we all know about that...

Back on topic, add me to the list of deldrags. I think we have a better squad in 2019 than in 2018 and barring injuries there is no reason why this team can't do better even with Mary's shortcomings.

nontime111

Juniors
Graham is the natural choice for Captain! nuff said.leave Widdop to play, James is a natural leader all the way its so stupid he isnt! Imagine if Harry Bath or Waity or even Brownet or Bennet was here, I know whod have the (c) whacked against his name!

Latest posts