What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dennis Fitzgerald

laurie

Juniors
Just heard Dennis Fitzgerald who said he would take any offers from outside sydney because the reason jamie lyon left was " because i want to get out of Sydney", this is why he has rejected the eagles bid.

If the raiders r serious they should get a bid in quick smart !! especially with Elliott knowing Smith so well.

thickos

First Grade
Lyon is stupid - Penrith is in Sydney! (albeit a long way from the CBD).

Agreed, someone ring his manager and organise a meeting :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't know why the coach wasn't on the phone to Brian Smith a lot sooner? Unless the terms of the transfer fee were so high that it was not an option? And it seems Lyon's uncle wants him to go to Penrith... so our chances may not be too good.....

Brimmer

Juniors
He would be the spark we are looking for!!!! Mind you, he will have a tough time cracking 1st Grade with boogas nipping at his heels....

woodgers

Bench
I bet we don't even approach him. He hasn't even done his 10 year stint in England so why would be bother. Pity this didn't happen earlier in the year, we could have thrown Brad Drew in with the deal. They rate him in those parts.

Anonymous

Juniors
If management are not the dumbest people in the universe, they will at least express interest.

That's a big if...

Anonymous

Juniors
Would we hvae enough money under the cap to make a decent offer at Lyon?

The question is, what else can we offer him?

He's happy pulling beers atm. How much could he be on doing that? If we offered him 100-150k plus the country lifestyle of Canberra, I reckon we're in with a shot.

hrundi99

First Grade
But that's the thing. I think it would take at least 250k for him to want to leave Wee Waa.

frank

Juniors
Hindy's got a property out here near Cowra somewhere I've heard.

We're only 2 hours from Canberra, so Jamie and him can come out and shoot as many defenseless animals as they want.

And if Jamie really misses pouring schooners, I'm pretty sure I can line him up a nightshift at the Lachlan Hotel.

All this AND a green jersey!
What more could he want?

SOULS 04

Juniors
surely not
i dont think he'd have any problem slotting into whatever the hell position he wanted in our backline.

Raider Azz

Bench
Timbo said:
But our backline is full! Who would we cut to make room for him

Are you serious?
Mogg, Graham, Frawley, Smith, Robertson, Gafa, Fransicus etc. etc.

Yes. I am serious.

Don't get me wrong, Lyon is a great player and would be a good buy but I'd still rather sign someone who plays in a position we need.

Anonymous

Juniors
OK, let's review somthing.

Players we have that Lyon is better than:

Graham, Mogg, Gafa, Smith, Robertson, Frawley, Franciscus, Milne, Bulgarelli

Players we have better than Lyon: