What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denver Broncos News

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Should have been the case all training camp. Hopefully they just take the dead cap hit and run with 2 QBs in the 53. Even if he managed to turn it all around, there is no chance the fanbase or team mates would ever embrace him at the Broncos.

Kelly is the real deal though, he is saying all the right things and has the talent to match. It'll be an interesting year or two seeing if he will push out Keenum.

legend

Coach
I'm intrigued by the Broncos this off-season. I believe with the right coaching, they could win the AFC West as they have elite talent on both sides of the ball and if Sutton and Freeman both emerge as threats, the O could be explosive. The negative elephant in the room is Joseph and to a lesser extent Woods. Neither are long term solutions for the Broncos and I hope they are fired by mid-season. Not sure who I would want to take over but it should be seen as an elite opportunity given the long term success of the Broncos and their current playing roster.

Gotsis is in the clear and with Wolfe back healthy, Miller and Chubb could wreak havoc on the edges. I'm still unsold on the secondary and hope Langley never sees meaningful game time. He stinks!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I'm intrigued by the Broncos this off-season. I believe with the right coaching, they could win the AFC West as they have elite talent on both sides of the ball and if Sutton and Freeman both emerge as threats, the O could be explosive. The negative elephant in the room is Joseph and to a lesser extent Woods. Neither are long term solutions for the Broncos and I hope they are fired by mid-season. Not sure who I would want to take over but it should be seen as an elite opportunity given the long term success of the Broncos and their current playing roster.

Gotsis is in the clear and with Wolfe back healthy, Miller and Chubb could wreak havoc on the edges. I'm still unsold on the secondary and hope Langley never sees meaningful game time. He stinks!
Agreed, if reports are to be believed, I think we'd have a top 5 receiver corp. Sutton comes down with every ball thrown his way and Hamilton is Sanders 2.0. Adding Freeman gives us far more balance on offense than we had last year. It comes down to whether Veldheer can stay healthy, otherwise we will struggle. The last 2 years we haven't had anyone that can throw to the middle, it's always been basic out routes allowing defenses to stack the middle for the run and play man on the outside. We were so predictable, we now have a lot more options with new recruits.

Defense I'm less confident on, I think we'll miss Talib massively, we are super thin at CB. I think it'll take at least a year for Chubb to become a monster, Wolfe is likely in his final year at the Broncos IMO and hopefully Cravens gets fit. Parks looked awesome in the game though which was unexpected. With all that said though, I feel like King will make a huge impact as starting position was a really big problem with Dixon varying his punts anywhere from 25 to 50 yards, very rarely finding the turf.

As you say though, coaching is a huge problem. It's definitely more promising that Vance Joseph dropped Lynch early, maybe he will be more decisive this year. I am really hoping we only run with 2 QB's, it means we'd have a little more hope of holding onto a player like Lindsay.

Tom155

Coach

Don't think we will win the division too many question marks atm around Keenum, the o-line & even if they gel we have no depth at all & the defence has not looked good, as I thought it would be it's looking like letting Talib go was a big mistake.

Then you have the awful coaching & past draft picks like Langley, real shame to see so many wasted draft picks over the last while, this years draft is off to a good start though.

Tom155

Coach
Game 2, hopefully a better performance than last week

& a garbage lowering the helmet call on the first drive joy.

Tom155

Coach
Parks down grabbing his knee, lost Carter for the season last week, safety depth getting tested early

Tom155

Coach
Sutton draws a P.I. call, then Freeman punches it in for the TD.

Good sequence for the rookies