What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler officially joins Canterbury-Bankstown from 2012

ceagle

Bench
Jokes on you because I don't expect a premiership under Des; I expect him to set us up for the long term future(our football program).

Have fun thinking of new ways to troll because that one was a fail.
Jokes on you because we still have a better roster and a premiership.

dogslife

Coach
Manly better play nice with everyone. Otherwise there won't be anyone to merge with when your board runs you into the ground with debt

Garts

Bench
Manly better play nice with everyone. Otherwise there won't be anyone to merge with when your board runs you into the ground with debt

I thought we baulked at signing Des due to $50k. Hardly sounds like a board that will run the club into the ground due to poor financial management. Definitely financials issues at the club but I don't think its due to the boards financial mismanagement as you are implying.

Jokes on you because we still have a better roster and a premiership.

You seriously can't be older than 10, with that "I know you are but what am I" post.

FYI the better roster thing will be debatable by first round next season. ;-)

dogslife

Coach
I thought we baulked at signing Des due to $50k. Hardly sounds like a board that will run the club into the ground due to poor financial management. Definitely financials issues at the club but I don't think its due to the boards financial mismanagement as you are implying.

Well you can't give him an extra 50k if you don't have it

ceagle

Bench
You seriously can't be older than 10, with that "I know you are but what am I" post.

FYI the better roster thing will be debatable by first round next season.
But we are butthurt according to you? I'm just putting Dog supporters back in their rightful place. Maybe i need to remind Dog fans who won last year?

617007-manly-wins-the-2011-nrl-grand-final.jpg

DA---World_20111006152357780409-600x400.jpg

Tooheys%20New%20Manly%20Premiers%20Can.JPG

kris_keating.jpg

:lol:

dogslife

Coach
Well they did back that one up by offering him $1m a season, suppose they were going to pay him in monopoly money and IOU's

Garts

Bench
That was before we secured a major sponsor, we offered him a mill per season after.

No idea if that is true but thats way too much and glad we did not sign him at that price. Too much $, what would have happened if we did not win the premiership for the next 2 years and get the prize money and other financial windfalls that go with it.

But we are butthurt according to you? I'm just putting Dog supporters back in their rightful place. Maybe i need to remind Dog fans who won last year?

:lol: DERRRRRRRRRRPPPPPP !

You won this year, funny thing is it feels like an eternity.

Deep down inside you're mad; mad because we spoiled your party, you didn't even get to celebrate :lol:

dogslife

Coach
It wasn't even the Dogs that rained on their parade. What was everyone talking about 12 hours after the grand final? Will Hopoate signing with Parramatta

Oh yeah forgot about that :lol:

Now I feel sorry for them; they didn't even get to drink their champagne.

Also lol @ parra signing a player who is going to be out of the game for 2 years; for a large sum.

ceagle

Bench
:lol: DERRRRRRRRRRPPPPPP !

You won this year, funny thing is it feels like an eternity.

Deep down inside you're mad; mad because we spoiled your party, you didn't even get to celebrate :lol:
Wow saying derp in capital letters :clap: Quality comeback, creative way to illustrate you point across. You have cut me deep with that extra emphasis on derp, don't know how I will recover. I'm glad Des is gone after what I have heard about him, as I said you can have Des, we will have the premiership.

Wow saying derp in capital letters :clap: Quality comeback, creative way to illustrate you point across. You have cut me deep with that extra emphasis on derp, don't know how I will recover. I'm glad Des is gone after what I have heard about him, as I said you can have Des, we will have the premiership.

:lol: Thanks for letting us have Des... oh and we're coming for your premiership too!(in 2017)

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Dogs Fans might be on a high now, but if and when Des starts to spit the dummy at the board and co. Or when he leaves will he attempt to destroy your team like he tried at Manly ? If i was a dogs fan i'd be more than a little worried as i dont think Des will retire at the dogs. Other clubs will come calling

ManlyMania

Juniors
Lol @ dogs fans - you don't know what manly fans are feeling - if you did you'd see we are ecstatic for a few reasons:

1. We are premiers 2 in 4 years and 3 gfs in 5;
2. DD wouldn't win this year with us - history will show that teams in the modern era don't go back to back and although the situation turned nasty we ended up with the better deal in not paying DD out and the dogs paying overs for him;
3. Fresh start under a former premiership winning captain;

So while I have my day off work I'll put on the DVD of the premiership winning side of 2011 abd then the one of 2008 while dogs fans can replay the press conference from yeterday where DD has already asked for an e-tag to be delivered:lol:

Latest posts