What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Des Hasler-post match interview

innsaneink

Referee
I must say I though old Dessy was a bit lame yesterday...saw the post match interview not long back on NRL Scoreboard on Fox, when asked about the last Manly no try he said something like..."The ref was on the spot, he was going to award it, until the touch judge on the far side, who was looking into a blazing sun, mentioned the pass was forward"
Another question was put to him and he mentioned touchie, far side, and blazing sun again.....not very convincingly I might add.
Now Des...most refs look to their touchies if they dont go to the video ref before awarding a try.....the replay showed the touch judge not seeming to have any problem with the sun, ie: shading his eyes.....and Des, look at the replay...the pass WAS forward.
If ya gunna whinge Dessy...get something to work with first. :lol: :lol:

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I still don't think the pass was forward. The rule is where the pass left the hands of the player, and it was clearly passed back. If it then floated forward that's all irrelevant

[furrycat]

Coach
No the rule is if the ball is caught infront of the positioned metres whereas the ball was passed. If i passed at the 20 and it floated to the 25 (And it was caught on the 25), then that is a forward pass.

ouwet

Bench
[furrycat said:
]No the rule is if the ball is caught infront of the positioned metres whereas the ball was passed. If i passed at the 20 and it floated to the 25 (And it was caught on the 25), then that is a forward pass.

Have they changed the rules? Supersoniceagle's interpretation of the rule is the same as mine... If a players running its always gonna be caught infront of were it was passed... I remember an incident between Canterbury and ST George Dragons in 1998 (the one when ST George fans threw a bucket of spit at Ref Steve Clark :? )... the first knock out final... Hetherington threw a pass that was caught like 5 metres infront... but his hand actions clerly showed he passed it backwards but momentum took it forward (Simple Physics)...

mickdo

Coach
supersoniceagle said:
I still don't think the pass was forward. The rule is where the pass left the hands of the player, and it was clearly passed back. If it then floated forward that's all irrelevant
:lol: :lol: :lol: Better open that other eye!
He waqs running sideways and the ball ended up being caught at least a metre (probably more) in front of the passer. Are you saying the wind blew it forward??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
No the rule is if the ball is caught infront of the positioned metres whereas the ball was passed. If i passed at the 20 and it floated to the 25 (And it was caught on the 25), then that is a forward pass.

wrong. Time to get out the rule book.

eelandia

Juniors
I thought the rule was if the ball comes out of the hands forward then it's a forward pass, but if it is thrown backwards but floats forward it's not a forward pass. That was how the video refs used to interpret it when they were allowed to call forward passes.

And BTW, it defintely came out of Mullane's hands in a forward motion. Can't believe anyone could see that one differently it seemed so obvious.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
The referees can allow for momentum. The forward pass rule refers to the direction of the pass, NOT where the pass finally ends up. Deny this, you deny physics and common sense, and henceforth any passes have to be made standing still!

Godz Illa

Coach
LebaneseForces said:
(the one when ST George fans threw a bucket of spit at Ref Steve Clark :?

This is still a very sore point with me, why bring it up, even in a dismissive sense? How does one attain a bucket of spit? Why would anyone bring a bucket to a game of football? How would you smuggle a bucket into the ground? How do you fill said bucket with spit? Go around asking for saliva donations? To fill a bucket of regular size would require 8-10 LITRES of spit. Does this sound feasible? The average human spit would contain at most 5 or 6 millilitres of fluid. That is roughly 2000 spits.
Common sense suggests that it is highly unlikely a bucket of spit was involved.

t-ba

Post Whore
He's entitled to his opinion. But any coach who keeps a concussed halfback on the field for 60 minutes against his will doesn't deserve the chocolates.

For the Record-Backwards motion.

Langers

Juniors
Actually it quoted Monoghan as saying that he didn't tell anyone of his injury because it didn't feel too bad at half-time. It of course worsened in the second half...but if Monas had told someone he might have been saved the embarrassment of his second half performance.

ouwet

Bench
Godz Illa said:
LebaneseForces said:

This is still a very sore point with me, why bring it up, even in a dismissive sense? How does one attain a bucket of spit? Why would anyone bring a bucket to a game of football? How would you smuggle a bucket into the ground? How do you fill said bucket with spit? Go around asking for saliva donations? To fill a bucket of regular size would require 8-10 LITRES of spit. Does this sound feasible? The average human spit would contain at most 5 or 6 millilitres of fluid. That is roughly 2000 spits.

What i just did what EVERYONE has done to the Bulldogs and believed the media :roll: SOund Familiar???
Hey i remember Hadley saying it on air... It must be right then, just like him saying the Bulldogs are guilty :roll: :roll: :roll:

richie8u

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]No the rule is if the ball is caught infront of the positioned metres whereas the ball was passed. If i passed at the 20 and it floated to the 25 (And it was caught on the 25), then that is a forward pass.

furrycat has nfi about league rule

innsaneink

Referee
LebaneseForces said:
Godz Illa said:
LebaneseForces said:

What i just did what EVERYONE has done to the Bulldogs and believed the media :roll: SOund Familiar???
Hey i remember Hadley saying it on air... It must be right then, just like him saying the Bulldogs are guilty :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lebanese forces......your doing a great job mate, consistently reaffirming the idea that dishonesty, deceipt, zero credibility, bulldogs and bulldogs supporters all come in one neat little package.
Ur fullavit .

I know there are real Bulldogs supporters out there.... Ibeme etc, that try to lift their club and its image from where it currently is.
Take the tip....

ouwet

Bench
innsaneink said:
LebaneseForces said:
Godz Illa said:
LebaneseForces said:

Lebanese forces......your doing a great job mate, consistently reaffirming the idea that dishonesty, deceipt, zero credibility, bulldogs and bulldogs supporters all come in one neat little package.
Ur fullavit .

I know there are real Bulldogs supporters out there.... Ibeme etc, that try to lift their club and its image from where it currently is.
Take the tip....

I go to ever game in NSW... I not once have been in any incidents at a footy game...
Hypocrites... Everyone has consistently bagged my Club... Ive developed the attitude f**k everyone else... Bulldogs only! And that’s sad but Im sick of it!!! This is my opinion why bring the team I support into it??? This is what Im talking about... Idiots like you who bag the Bulldog club when it’s got nothing to do with them!!!! When someone else has a differing opinion no one ever reflects that on the club they support...
You guys believed all the shit the media has said word for word as if it was a passage from the gospel.

So im gonna do the same!!! Im sick of being the better person & im sick of all the Hypocrisy that goes on...

P.S MY OPINION DOES NOT REFLECT THAT OF THE BULLDOGS RL CLUB OR THE BULLDOGS FOOTBALL CLUB! :roll:

Bulldogs 4 Life!

Eels Dude

Coach
[furrycat said:

That's not quite how it works. If two players are sprinting forwards in line with each other, and one throws it to the other the ball IS going to float forward by momentum. If it didn't then the player wouldn't be able to catch the ball it would land 10 metres behind him. Try it for yourself, sprint forwards in your backyard carring a footy, pass the footy, notice the difference between where you threw it from and where it landed.

Latest posts