What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate for Naiqama?

sting

Bench
yep, he's stayed with the knights

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38617

In form utility back, Wes Naiqama has agreed to a new 3 year deal and will remain a Knight until the end of the 2014 season.
The popular Fijian captain, who joined the Knights in 2008, has impressed current coach Rick Stone and incoming coach Wayne Bennett with his explosive running, versatility and goal-kicking thoughout the season.
Currently in career best form, Wes has played 66 games for the Coal & Allied Newcastle Knights and scored 50 points this season with 4 tries and 17 goals.

RedVDave

First Grade
Don't get me wrong I am very happy we did not sign Naiqama (sounds horrible) but does it concern anyone else that Saints cannot even sign someone like Naiqama? I hope we can re-sign Greenfield (cheap and good back up) and Cuthbo otherwise we will be very thin on depth next year.

Wobbygong

First Grade
We were just making Drugcastle pay more than they wanted under the cap for him. He is settled up there and was unlikely to move. Quite happy we didn't waste valuable cap space on an average NRL player. Also stanley sh*ts all over him in terms of talent and age.

Last edited:

Ritzley

Juniors
Don't get me wrong I am very happy we did not sign Naiqama (sounds horrible) but does it concern anyone else that Saints cannot even sign someone like Naiqama? I hope we can re-sign Greenfield (cheap and good back up) and Cuthbo otherwise we will be very thin on depth next year.

I think you're being a little harsh - who in their right mind would leave the Knights for the next 4 years? I bet he was never contemplating leaving and couldn't believe he was the centre of a tug of war - upped his money and term far beyond what he would have contemplated months ago! I'd be more disappointed if an up and comer from Sharks or Souths or Parra didn't see we were a better option.

Godz Illa

Coach
Don't get me wrong I am very happy we did not sign Naiqama (sounds horrible) but does it concern anyone else that Saints cannot even sign someone like Naiqama? .

Haha I knew this was coming. Why did we want Wes? Dice Price. We can't even sign Wes. Dice Price

RedVDave

First Grade
Haha I knew this was coming. Why did we want Wes? Dice Price. We can't even sign Wes. Dice Price

No it's not like that at all, I aplogise if it did, I am a massive wrap on Price! it's the other bloke who signs players I have a problem with. As let's face it Bennett has been our CEO for the last 3 years not Doust! Until Bennett came along we never signed an international player before.