What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Zigwaa

Bench
Finally saw the last episode.

I thought it was coming to good ending and thought it built some good emotion with the whole deb ending and Dexter boating off in to the storm.

The final lumberjack thing was, as others have mentioned, horse shit.

I can't help but think the writers wrote the show to end with Dexter driving the boat into the storm and the network execs making them add the last bit to be able to resurrect the show. Otherwise what possible reason would they have to end it that way? As mentioned, it could be because the were writing on the run not knowing a way to end it.

Danish

Referee
Thought i posted this yesterday....

Just what I thought about network, don't click on the link if you don't want spoilers.

http://au.eonline.com/news/467650/showtime-wouldn-t-let-dexter-die-was-original-idea-better

Dexter being executed is the exact ending that I - and really most Dexter fans that I know - guessed at, expected, and WANTED for the series finale.

The start of the final season made it seem like thats what they were building towards with the introduction of Vogel, and the hinted storyline of Batista being in possession of all of LaGuerta's case notes on Dexter and Deb along with a healthy inability to let her memory go.

Even when Vogel turned out to be Dexter's quasi-mamma I still thought the Batista angle was going to be worked in... but it was just stopped dead by his dumbass sister (who clearly should have been killed at some point by someone) just telling him to get over it and throw all that junk out.

Personally, I think the final season should have been about breaking down the code until finally it proved to be worthless. Yes it had a whole bunch of rules preferencing Dexter to kill only bad people, but it had plenty of horrific allowances. The worse of which being rule number 1... don't get caught. This rule trumped all other rules to follow, and it would have been great to see each of the other rules broken over the course of a the final season until Dexter finally just became a straight up serial killer on the run from the law.

The platform was laid with the killing of an innocent in LaGuerta. It could have followed on with perhaps Dexter having to take out Quinn or Jamie. Dexter would then be discovered by Masuka, and then persued by Batista. Have Dexter throw more and more of the code out the window all in the name of not getting caught, until finally evidence on Deb is discovered and she is arrested over LaGuerta's death. Dexter would then have to make the ultimate decision to give himself up to save the only person he vaguely cares about, or give in completely to his dark passenger and let her rot while he escapes.

PJ

First Grade
Original plan was apparently something along the lines of Dexter waking/opening his eyes during death by lethal injection and looking out on the witnesses who are all his victims and the series has been like a review of his life as it flashes before his eyes upon execution.

Far better. Then again I really don't think they could have done worse unless they deliberately tried.

azzah72

Bench
Original plan was apparently something along the lines of Dexter waking/opening his eyes during death by lethal injection and looking out on the witnesses who are all his victims and the series has been like a review of his life as it flashes before his eyes upon execution.

Far better. Then again I really don't think they could have done worse unless they deliberately tried.

That wasn't an original plan, That was just an idea one of the writers had who left after season 4.

PJ

First Grade
[That wasn't an original plan, That was just an idea one of the writers had who left after season 4.QUOTE]
Ok, but still better than the tripe they served up.

DB

First Grade
f**k youse all..... Have started to watch seasons 1-4 from the beginning now.

Zigwaa

Bench
Personally, I think the final season should have been about breaking down the code until finally it proved to be worthless. Yes it had a whole bunch of rules preferencing Dexter to kill only bad people, but it had plenty of horrific allowances. The worse of which being rule number 1... don't get caught. This rule trumped all other rules to follow, and it would have been great to see each of the other rules broken over the course of a the final season until Dexter finally just became a straight up serial killer on the run from the law.

This.

It pretty muich started happening with innocents being killed, and him witholding info from Miami metro so he could kill people.

Remember when he killed that dude he killed after Rita died that said "your dead wife can suck my dick". He'd moved from being riteous a long time ago and deserved to be brought to justice.

What the f**k happened to Astor and Cody?

Apey

Staff member
So a lot of mixed reviews of this show, is it worth getting into? Is it worth watching all 8 seasons or only worth watching the first few?

LESStar58

Referee
So a lot of mixed reviews of this show, is it worth getting into? Is it worth watching all 8 seasons or only worth watching the first few?

Season 4 is some of the best television you will EVER watch. Count on it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I've just finished watching all 8 seasons over the last month or so. I have to say, it was so disappointing to see this series quickly turn to shit post season 4.

The series finale was probably the worst I've seen. You just don't give a shit by the end.

They should have had 1 more season after Rita's death to deal with the fallout and wrap it up. Those last 4 seasons just killed the significance that her murder should have had IMO.

some11

Referee
Don't know how you made it to the end.

I got into it around when season 3 started and it was one of the best shows on TV, had as much hype around it as Breaking Bad and those two were neck and neck at one point.

Every season after 4 was hitting you over the head with the stupid hammer.

Latest posts