What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexter

Cliffhanger

Coach
Word, I think he just didn't have energy to do both the series and keep the books quality. I haven't read the book that came out last year yet, but probably will even though it is probably terrible.

PJ

First Grade
As much as I love Doakes bringing him back as anything other than a flashback would be just too big a stretch.

azzah72

Bench
That was a f**kin brilliant end to a great season!!!

I was seriously tense at the end.

Was she going to arrest Dex, shoot Maria or Shoot herself?

Apparently the part after the shot where she runs to laguerta and holds her and cries wasn't scripted, all ad lib.

Great show

1 more year.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Bad ending. Not in the story but how it played out so quick. Lots of shows make me emotional when a long time character dies whether I like them or not but this seemed just too poorly put together

Danish

Referee
Poorly put together? It was f**king brilliant!

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE BELOW I SUPPOSE.... But surely anyone reading this thread has watched it by now.

LaGuerta dying is not supposed to be sad. She is supposed to be a bitch that you don't care about. You are supposed to care about how in the hell Deb could deal with doing such a thing. Her coming to terms with being a killer will be a key plotline of next season IMO. I also loved it as it was a real tip of the cap to the novels.

Really interested to know what is going to happen with Hannah next season. I'm hoping she doesn't play too big a role as honestly I think if they try and make her go toe to toe with Dexter as the main enemy it will be completely unbelievable. She isn't a patch on trinity, the ice truck killer, or Jordan Chase. Simply not a believable opponent IMO, especially not for the last season of the series.

Personally I hope that Dexter gets caught next season. I think this is just the kind of series that won't shy away from killing the main character, and you gotta admit that Dexter finally being caught and executed would certainly be a logical and somewhat fitting end to the series (especially now that he has killed a so-called innocent in LaGuerta)

azzah72

Bench
Who wants to bet that Batista is all over Dex next season coming out of retirement.

I think that will make it an incredible cat and mouse season due to Batista's love for Deb & Dex + La Guerta.

I think the end game should be Deb killing Dex.

Dex essentially turned to a bad guy this season even though his ultimate bad guy kill ended up being at the hands of Deb.

I would say Deb falls in a deep hole next season, and then is left with the ultimate decision.

Perhaps between Dex and Batista.

perverse

Referee
I also thought it was a brilliant season finale. My mate that I watched it with was completely underwhelmed... which surprised me. I guess I'm more invested in the show than he is... but I thought it was excellent.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I didn't see Deb killing LaGuerta coming, but I also really hoped Dex wouldn't do it either, he has slowly become less in control and more of a selfish douche.

I don't want Hannah in the next season, I hated her she was as bad as Lila or whatever her name was from season two.

LESStar58

Referee
LaGuerta got bumped off and I couldn't be happier. Hate that bitch.

Wasn't expecting Deb to kill her but thinking about it I'm not surprised. She would have done it to save her arse after getting busted on the CCTV at the gas station.

LESStar58

Referee
Also be interesting to see how they dressed the crime scene. The bullet from Deb's gun doesn't look good but we didn't see the aftermath. Also dispatch know where LaGuerta's car was heading....

Danish

Referee
They also know that Deb called in asking about where she was heading as well...

I don't see Deb killing Dex, at least I hope that isn't what happens. Personally I see Batista figuring out what happened and coming after Dex and Deb, then Dex falling on his sword and getting Deb off the hook.

I honestly hope they end it with Dexter getting a lethal injection. I love the character and everything but surely that is the only logical way to end the series.

Dragon

Coach
Bit late to the party but i thought it was a brilliant finish to what was an otherwise boring season. Dex finally showed some genius in the final ep and the ending was great

Oh and when will get a Masuka spinoff ffs!

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ckzE5vT0wc

Season 8 not far off! Can't wait.

A few observations from the trailer;

How the feck did Matthews get his job back after being screwed over a barrel royally by LaGuerta in season 6?

Dr. Evelyn Vogel. Obviously. The fact that we see a crime scene where the victim has part of the brain scooped out, followed by Chief Matthews introducing her and giving a lecture on the same part of the brain that you assume was removed from victim at aforementioned crime scene is a dead give away.

Assuming that Vogel is, in fact, the key antagonist (as Travis Marshall, Jordan Chase, Trinity Killer et all were in the past), for this series then she is by far and by large the biggest threat to Dexter (even moreso than his brother) because she can meet him on his own ground as it were.

AND

Deb's "official statement". Somehow I don't see this as being as obvious as her turning Dexter in. I reckon the grief and depression that is so obviously hinted at through the drug and alcohol abuse will lead to her admitting to killing LaGuerta , leaving Dexter out of it and effectively punishing him for his mistakes. But a psychopath feels no empathy, does Dexter end up effectively feeling empathy towards whatever fate befalls his sister?

Let the discussion begin, folks. Not long to go until the finally season kicks off!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Episode 1 has aired.

Everything about Deb is getting annoying, the English chick story got interesting at the end.

Dragon

Coach
Awesome start, looking like a great conclusion. Rampling's character is very interesting

Danish

Referee
I had to check the run time on the latest episode after watching it... so much happened I felt like I'd just watched a 2 hour movie as opposed to a 46 minute TV show.

Very much looking forward to this season after that.

I like what they've done with Deb, and am going to be very interested to see how this new pommy bitch goes. Dexter isn't above killing off the assumed major enemy within the first few episodes so who knows if she'll be there at the end.

Personally I think Batista is going to have a big role in this season. The smashing of LaGuerta's jug won't go unnoticed, and the throw away line about the trace warrants IMO was a tip off that he'll follow up on her leads at some stage. Wouldn't be surprised if he is either the one that brings Dexter down (I'm still of the opinion this show ends with Dexter;s lethal injection) or is even winds up another victim.

The only thing I don't really get is why Batista's baby sister is such a random s**t. Her banging Quinn seems like it was just tossed in as they needed to give 2 useless characters something to do this season

Latest posts