What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone see the Ch10 News tonight?

IanG

Coach
In light of Darrin Lockyer's comments he mad about the Bulldogs saga.

I think he shouldn't be australian captain for it. Not only that but who was the Dickhead to took the job off Joey?

antonius

Coach
I take it your refering to the comment Lockyer made about St George having one Raper, and the Dogs having 8? If so, yes not the smartest thing for him to come out with was it?

IanG

Coach
antonius said:
I take it your refering to the comment Lockyer made about St George having one Raper, and the Dogs having 8? If so, yes not the smartest thing for him to come out with was it?
Yeah that's the one. The fact is nothing has been prooved yet. I'm not defending the Bulldogs in any way shape or form.

But I still wanna know why Joey didn't get the captaincy. I light of this Joey should now get it back.

Andy

First Grade
I didn't know a decision had been made on the Australian captaincy yet??

antonius

Coach
Andy said:
I didn't know a decision had been made on the Australian captaincy yet??
It hasn't. There has just been general debate about weather Johns should get it back now he's recovered from the neck injury.

Spike

First Grade
Lockyer was only filling in as captain because joey was injured. If joey remains fit, he'll be given the captaincy again regardless of what Lockyer has said.

Kaz

junior
Darren makes one mistake.

And people are saying he shouldn't be the Australian Captain. :shock:

It was totally wrong what he said, but I laughed about it.

I bet most of you did.

If they say Locky isn't the captain because of what he did, then the next Aussie captain will be Webcke, as he hasn't been in the headlines for doing something wrong.

Alex28

Coach
bye bye australian captaincy....see ya :)

seriously...inappropriate in public given his profile. i really dont think johns would have missed out in the captaincy any way but in light of this he has blown any chance he had...

justify this one kaz ;)

Kaz

junior
Alex28 said:
it's an old joke any way...i heard it last week. it really isnt funny...

Well he could only tell the joke today, as the Luncheon was today. :lol:

keeney

First Grade
im with kaz, i thought it was pretty funny, even if it is a bit classless. i applaud him, cos it hurt his hopes of retaining captaincy :clap:

Kaz

junior
keeney said:
cos it hurt his hopes of retaining captaincy :clap:

Not by what channel 10 said.

Someone asked the ARL official & they were told it wouldn't hurt his chances.

keeney

First Grade
well aside from that, i still think it was a great call, did he come up with it himself, or do the broncos hae script writers now?

Kaz

junior
keeney said:
well aside from that, i still think it was a great call, did he come up with it himself, or do the broncos hae script writers now?

Someone must have told him the joke. :?

And he just repeated it.

Razor

Coach

It's the board who votes. Didn't see the official say that, so don't know who it is, and if he's on the board, but even if he is, he doesn't know what the other 5 are thinking.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:

It's the board who votes. Didn't see the official say that, so don't know who it is, and if he's on the board, but even if he is, he doesn't know what the other 5 are thinking.

The reporter said that is what an official said.

EDIT:

Australian Rugby League chief executive Geoff Carr said Lockyer's gaffe would not jeopardise his chances of retaining the Australian captaincy.

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,8871592%5E952,00.html

Latest posts