What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone see the Ch10 News tonight?

Risa

Bench
I was so shocked it came out of his mouth. You'd never think Lockyer would say something like that.

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
I was so shocked it came out of his mouth. You'd never think Lockyer would say something like that.

I think it was a stunt double. ;-)

He can get away with it, by saying he is traumatised that he is not the fullback anymore. :lol:

Risa

Bench
I knew you'd come up with excuses Kaz, LOL. :lol: When I saw it on the news I was wondering what you'd be saying here.

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
I knew you'd come up with excuses Kaz, LOL. :lol: When I saw it on the news I was wondering what you'd be saying here.

As I have said, I laughed at the joke, but it was not the time to say it.

At least he had the balls to apologise for his mistake.

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
Kaz said:
At least he had the balls to apologise for his mistake.

Maybe the club made him apologise...you never know! I'm suss that's for sure.

If they did, just proves we have the bosses to run a club successfully. :D

But I think it was Darren's idea.

Anonymous

Juniors
He is not the Australian Captian, Johns is. He is also an overrated useless idiot of a player.

I did find his comments funny though.

Kaz

junior
pando said:
He is not the Australian Captian, Johns is. He is also an overrated useless idiot of a player.

Lockyer is currently the incumbent Test Captain.

Who are you saying is an overrated useless idiot of a player.

The way is is written it sounds like you mean Johns. :lol:

*melliez*

Juniors
I found it funny when I heard it.

Who are you saying is an overrated useless idiot of a player.

The way is is written it sounds like you mean Johns.

That's what I thought as well!! :lol:

Andy

First Grade
For those that didn't think it was funny, go and take a holiday before you have a nervous breakdown.

I personally think it was very Australian of him - Stupid and inappropriate, but bloody funny all the same! :D

Doctor

Bench
Excuse my ignorance of the first two pages of this thread but:

It will have a detrimental effect on his captaincy aspirations. Lockyer is a quality player, and a proven captain. But if Johns keeps his nose clean, and with Lockyer having these comments hanging over his head until the Bulldog's scandal goes away, any suggestions there is any debate about the Australian captaincy can be washed away now.

His joke wasn't in the best of taste, I think most will have found it funny though. The point is that these sort of jokes are not appropriate at a time when an allegation has been made that is yet to be proven. It potentially compromises the validity of the alleged victim's argument if other players are joking about it.

Clearly the apology was always going to come - even if it was Lockyer's idea. The Bulldogs issue isn't going away quickly, and Lockyer will know for next time that Australian humour isn't really appropriate in an open forum that the media see and hear.

I'll go take a holiday now. ;-)

socksie

Juniors
i saw it on the news and was firstly shocked that lockyer said something like that because it seems very out of character for him and definitely didnt help his chances in retaining the captaincy

on the other hand, its funny as and i think a lot of ppl dont see the light side of it

or maybe i just take things too superficially and not seriously enough.

Dmac

Juniors
Lockyears joke was one of the funiest I have ever heard - It was a classic.He probably shouldn't of said it in public but give the bloke some credit.
He led the team brilliantly against GB and should be captain. The bias towards Johns is ridiculous (he is not perfect either), and people who condemn lockyear are just stupid. Johns and Lockyear have been the two best players of this era and either of them deserve it. Why don't you people who criticise lockyear grow up and stop looking through red and blue eyes.You should realise that every body deserves a second chance (besides it was only a stupid little joke).
Lockyear would do a great job leading Australia (besides he is not a show pony like johns, nor does he fake injuries etc to gain attention from the media)

Dmac

Juniors
Johns has been a good captain but Lockyear is the incumbent test captain so he should get the job.
Where in my post did i say that he made up the joke? - i was referring to giving him credit for the great job he did on the kangaroo tour as test captain (maybe you should read the posts more carefully in the future)

tigermite

Juniors
Kaz said:
Alex28 said:
it's an old joke any way...i heard it last week. it really isnt funny...

Well he could only tell the joke today, as the Luncheon was today. :lol:
Yes it is an old joke... it was around back in the 80's, but obviously wasn't about the dogs back then....

As for whether it was funny or not, whether it was Australian or un-Australian, the fact is that he is supposed to be in a leading role within Rugby League, the game is facing enough bad press at the moment without him being stupid, it was said in public where he knew everyone would hear about it, he didn't think about how the alleged victim or her family would feel about what he said, and he has also basically implied that the dogs are guilty.... not captain material in my books.

Kaz

junior
tigermite said:
it was said in public where he knew everyone would hear about it.

Correction

I was said at a private function.

But he shouldn't have said it.

Did he really want the captaincy?
Did he want Joey to be captain to make him play rep football this year?
is it part of a Bennett master plan for the Broncos? :lol: :lol:

les norton

First Grade
Kaz said:
tigermite said:
it was said in public where he knew everyone would hear about it.

Correction

I was said at a private function.

But he shouldn't have said it.
Kaz, thats grasping at straws....private function...with the biggest names in qld sport attending...not even you can argue that that is not a public arena..

Latest posts