What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone see the Ch10 News tonight?

Kaz

junior
Holla if ya hear me said:
Did he really want the captaincy?
Did he want Joey to be captain to make him play rep football this year?
is it part of a Bennett master plan for the Broncos? :lol: :lol:

Well Geoff Carr has stated that his comment has not effected his chances of being named Australian Captain again.

Razor

Coach
Dmac said:
Johns has been a good captain but Lockyear is the incumbent test captain so he should get the job.

Johns is the captain. He was injured, so Lockyer filled in. If Tallis is injured for the Broncos or on SOO duty, and someone else takes over, Tallis gets it back when he comes back from injury or SOO. So why should the Australian captaincy be different?

Where in my post did i say that he made up the joke? - i was referring to giving him credit for the great job he did on the kangaroo tour as test captain (maybe you should read the posts more carefully in the future)

Maybe you should learn to write correct sentences.

"He probably shouldn't of said it in public but give the bloke some credit. "

Implies giving him the credit for telling the joke.

Kaz

junior
les norton said:
Kaz said:
tigermite said:
it was said in public where he knew everyone would hear about it.

Correction

I was said at a private function.

But he shouldn't have said it.
Kaz, thats grasping at straws....private function...with the biggest names in qld sport attending...not even you can argue that that is not a public arena..

As I have said he should not have said it.

Private funtion = People pay to enter.

Public funtion = Kaz goes there as it is free.

I notice whenever Joey is in trouble certain people blame it as a media beat up. And he shouldn't be punished.

But someone else does something wrong he should be stripped of the Australian Captaincy.

GO FIGURE.

Razor

Coach
Kaz said:
I notice whenever Joey is in trouble certain people blame it as a media beat up. And he shouldn't be punished.

Like that fist fight between him and BK in a pub? Which turned out to be nothing more than a verbal argument?

IanG

Coach
pando said:
He is not the Australian Captian, Johns is. He is also an overrated useless idiot of a player.

I did find his comments funny though.
Couldn't agree with you more.
I didn't find that joke remotly funny.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:
Kaz said:

Like that fist fight between him and BK in a pub? Which turned out to be nothing more than a verbal argument?

Like the Flight incident.

Andy

First Grade
Children, children! Let's all take a deep breath, count to 10, and all say in unison...

"I LOVE YOU"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Andy said:
Children, children! Let's all take a deep breath, count to 10, and all say in unison...

"I LOVE YOU"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But fighting is so much more fun you see Andy - it relieves tension and gives people a greater sense of personal pride in their rectitude.

How about: "I venerate you by learning to respect your opinions, whilst remaining unaffected by the validity of your argument, your inside sources and/or the facts of the matter. In addition to the above statement, I wish to hereby remove all references to your personal lifestyle choices, thereby removing anything defamatory and/or likely to compromise my position as a member of this forum. In saying this, I wish to further point out that I do not 'love you', but I instead wish to push aside any preceeding truculence and effrtontery, and learn to live with my fellow forummers in a level-headed, and harmonious state of mutually-respected equilibrium"

Then, I imagine, take a breath. 8-[

stevo

Juniors
This is Locky we are talking about. It's about time he slipped up. It would be inhuman not to. We can hardly acuse the guy of being rude, crude or whatever when some of the stuff said on our old forum was just as bad if not worse. Most of those comments were directed at individuals and were very personal.

As for this captain crap. I like Locky as captain, he does deserve it. Both Joey and Locky are extrodainary players but johns gets all the praise. Don't get me wrong i am a huge knights fan and i think Joey is the best but give credit were credit is due, Locky is the best man for the job.

Is it just me or do people not read Kaz's posts properly. I thought she was saying, yes, what locky said was funny but he should not have said it when he did.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Lockyer never has had any nouse(sp?) always reminds me of a ventriloquist's dummy whenever he manages to say anything intelligent anyway. Any other time he reminds me of Geoff Fenech.

KnightSmurf

Juniors
What a way to start the season though -- apart from the Dogs and Storm sagas -- but having the NRL not punishing any of those involoved with fines for bringing the game into disrepute.

Is this the pattern for the way the NRL are going to get tougher this year?? I'd be disappointed if it was. Let's just hope the judiciary don't follow suit as well #-o

Razor

Coach
Kaz said:
Razor said:
Kaz said:

The one that 99% of the other passengers on the plane said was a media beat-up?

Doctor

Bench
Razor said:
Kaz said:
Razor said:
Kaz said:

The one that 99% of the other passengers on the plane said was a media beat-up?

A Breif Guide to Media Terminology:

Player Disagreement = Players One and Two can't decide on which in-flight movie to watch - one player wants Die Hard. The other wants Terminator II - they flip a coin to find out who gets preference.

Player Altercation = Player One gives Player Two a wet willy while Player Two is trying to sleep - Player One receives a double wet willy in return and the next five minutes are spent on the floor - laughing.

Player Fight = Player One attempts to give Player Two 24 birthday punches during the flight - Player Two starts dishing out birthday punches for Player One in preparation for Player One's birthday next week - both end up with red arms, but sit down next to each other to continue planning their end-of-season fishing trip.

Player Brawl = Players One, Two and Three decide that Player Four is vulnerable to a stacks-on. They proceed to pile on top of each other, only to discover that Player Four has a beer in hand. A minute later, all four players are soaked in beer, with ice from the cooler shoved down their Reg Grundies by Player Five (who saw an opportunity to get involved).

© Oswin 2004.

~knights~

Juniors
I gotta admit when i heard the joke i didnt know whether to laugh or not

I was more SHOCKED that Locky had said that .

It seems a little out of character for him.

And when I told my BF he cracked up and said it was the funniest thing he had heard :lol:

Latest posts