What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone see...

Butters

Bench
The close up of the NRL trophy before kick off? Melbourne 2007 and 2009 are still engraved on it.

Good to see the NRL acknowledge that the "stripping" of Melbourne's hard fought and rightfully earned premierships was just for show. :cool:

You would hope that when they give the trophy back to have Manly added to it that they remove the only two - it can't be that hard.

innsaneink

Referee
I guess its better than having two of the applicable polygons missing....that would sort of stick out like dogs balls eh

Dragon

Coach
Actually when i visited the 100 years of league exhibit in the gong earlier this year, i got a close up (touch, feel and hold) the trophy and the only storm i saw was 1999. the other two were rubbed out.

I await Manly fans' confirmation

innsaneink

Referee
Where are they gonna put the little badges in 60 years

And does it say Telstra on it. ??
It has the NRL Telstra logo on the base, which I believe is removable
lead_jamie_lyon-300x340.jpg

SEAT 1A

Bench
The close up of the NRL trophy before kick off? Melbourne 2007 and 2009 are still engraved on it.

Good to see the NRL acknowledge that the "stripping" of Melbourne's hard fought and rightfully earned premierships was just for show. :cool:

Didn't see that however,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League

Major breaches of the cap

On 22 April 2010, the Melbourne Storm were stripped of the 2007 and 2009 premierships, 2006–2008 minor premierships and the 2010 World Club Challenge trophy, fined a record $1.689 million ($1.1 million in NRL prize money which will be equally distributed between the remaining 15 clubs, $89,000 in prize money from the World Club Challenge which will be distributed to the Leeds Rhinos, and the maximum of $500,000 for breaching the salary cap regulations), ordered to cut their payroll by $1.0125 million, deducted all eight premiership points received during the season and barred from receiving premiership points for the remainder of the season after Storm officials revealed that the club had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations between 2006 and 2010 by running a well-organized dual contract and bookkeeping system that concealed a total of $3.78 million in payments made to players outside of the salary cap from the NRL, including $303,000 in 2006, $459,000 in 2007, $957,000 in 2008, $1.021 million in 2009 and $1.04 million in 2010. The points penalty meant that the club won the 2010 wooden spoon.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Doesn't the NRL have six copies of the NRL trophy which are used through promotion and other things? Maybe they only took it off the 'real' one but forgot to do it to the other copies? hehe

innsaneink

Referee
Doesn't the NRL have six copies of the NRL trophy which are used through promotion and other things? Maybe they only took it off the 'real' one but forgot to do it to the other copies? hehe
The bodgy ones dont have the brass engraved ''premiers 200-'' polygons iirc....much lighter too

Dragon2010

First Grade
Please it's like the storm's rort of the cap using two books.

There's the NRL Legitimate Trophy then there is the NRL STORM Premiership trophy. They delivered the wrong one.

Latest posts