What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Dragons deserve Minor Premiership?

Rodent

Bench
I know a lot of dogs fans argue about the loss to the dragons in round 10 saying that because it happened right on full time, they had no chance to recover from that "bad call" unlike the dragons who did have time to get over their bad calls in that game.
Well, if you use that logic, the dogs had plenty of time to recover from that game and their destiny was in their own hands on Friday night and they dropped their lollies.
Penrith were the ones robbed when the dogs scored their try with 14 on the field and had that try been denied, they would be in a healthier position right now.
Dragons were clearly superior on for and against this year and I think were deserving of the JJ Giltinan Shield.
I know if the boot was on the other foot, I wouldn't be looking back 4 months for an excuse.

18to87

First Grade
Can't we just let it rest and look forward to a possible re-match in the finals that will answer everything?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Not at all. They didn't deserve anything more than 2nd spot MAX.

But that is what it's like when you're the protected species of the NRL. So congratulations Dragons.

18to87

First Grade

But that is what it's like when you're the protected species of the NRL. So congratulations Dragons.

Well I will at least give you credit for never reading the Telegraph.

cooper04

Juniors

We are not the protected species of the NRL.... some blame has to be put on the Bulldogs Official who let 14 players on the field. No-one to blame but your own backyard. You had the minor premiership you gave it up last night.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Dogs fans just getting edgy because they know they will be nothing until Noddy comes back (if they last that long).

lynx000

Juniors
I think either the Saints or the Bulldogs would have been worthy winners of the MP. I think the Saints did deserve it in the end. The dogs could have won it, but gave it away last night.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
We are not the protected species of the NRL.... some blame has to be put on the Bulldogs Official who let 14 players on the field. No-one to blame but your own backyard. You had the minor premiership you gave it up last night.
Even if you still take away the 2 points from the Panthers game, we were robbed of 2 points in the worst official decision in history in rd 10. So there you go :)

Have fun with your September premiership shield because it's the closest you'll ever get to the real thing.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Suck it chokers Minor Premiership was there for the taking for you fleabags and you soft merkins gagged !

Hope we have a chance to beat you again this year, all we need to do is run at that fat slow merkin you have in the centres with the manboobs, he let in 18 points on his own last night - bring it on chokers :lol:

cooper04

Juniors
Even if you still take away the 2 points from the Panthers game, we were robbed of 2 points in the worst official decision in history in rd 10. So there you go :)

Have fun with your September premiership shield because it's the closest you'll ever get to the real thing.

My point exactly Bulldogs_4_Life had "your" official not stuffed up you would have been two points ahead of the dragons. I'm just sick and tired of people bringing up the decision in rd10...saying you were robbed of 2 points. Your own club contributed to losing the minor premiership!

No need to worry I will enjoy the sept premiership and I'll enjoy the october shield too. So there you go !:D

18to87

First Grade
I am beginning to think Dogs fans will never get over that game. A lot more happened in that game than the final decision.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Look in being fair, it wasn't the Dragons who made the wrong call in round 10. In hind site, the Bulldogs deserve to be Minor Premiers, however the Dragons cannot be blamed for the wrong call made in round 10 - that blame goes to Steven Clarke.