What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Taylor make the correct decision by selecting Delaney and Burt???

Did Taylor make the correct decision by selecting Delaney and Burt???

• Yes, they did their best- Nothing else could be done

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No, you should have picked the NRLs leading linebreaker, Mckinnon and the comps form centre, O'Dwyer

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

jayjayselmes

Juniors
ParraAds said:
It was an excellent decision for Melbourne.

ahahahhaha

f**k maybe taylor will wake up and realise he f**ked up royally!!!

f**k him off to opefully hagan has some breains and pisses alot of these f**k wits back to prems where they belong

PIG

Juniors
I aint saying it in hindsight...as you all know.

Taylor screwed McKinnon and Burt offered absolutely nothing- as he NEVER has in big games. Time and time again Brian and JT pick him, he has NEVER stood up. Luke Burt will always be remembered for how he scored 28 points in games we won by 60. He will never be known as someone who carried us to a premiership.

Jarryd Hayne has played 1 final and it was better than any Burt has played in his career.

Delaney offered nothing with the ball but defended his best. Not much more O'Dwyer could've done really...but dropping O'Dwyer to bring him in in the first place was poor coaching.

JT is the next Brian Smith. Chalky has been our centre since Origin and he drops him for a non-performer in the finals.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
PIG said:
I aint saying it in hindsight...as you all know.

Taylor screwed McKinnon and Burt offered absolutely nothing- as he NEVER has in big games. Time and time again Brian and JT pick him, he has NEVER stood up. Luke Burt will always be remembered for how he scored 28 points in games we won by 60. He will never be known as someone who carried us to a premiership.

Jarryd Hayne has played 1 final and it was better than any Burt has played in his career.

Delaney offered nothing with the ball but defended his best. Not much more O'Dwyer could've done really...but dropping O'Dwyer to bring him in in the first place was poor coaching.

JT is the next Brian Smith. Chalky has been our centre since Origin and he drops him for a non-performer in the finals.

baffling isnt it ??????

Both played alright couldn't say that the other 2 would have done better.
Got no problems with the selected team.
Shame that last week was Wade's last game for the club.

Angry_eel

First Grade
El Diablo said:
Delaney is the worst center in the NRL
He isn't a center at all. Only he think he's a center. Remeber when he signed with the titans it was because "parra wanted me to play a bit of backrow and a bit of center" but he wanted to always play at centre. He hasn't got the pace for a centre. Any good centre in the game would have scored that try just before fulltime rather than throwing a pass hoping for support.

Eelectrica

Referee
I doubt it would have made a difference either way.
Our best centre, Tahu wasn't available through injury.

PIG

Juniors
Luke Burt made 62 metres from fullback.

Is that a record for least metres ever by a fullback in an NRL match?

JT's use of Riddell was also digusting. 20 mins in the 1st half and 10mins in the 2nd....dreadful...he never let him get into the game.

The keys to our attack are our dummy half rotation, McKinnons support play and a good kicking game.
JT got the dummy half rotation wrong, dropped McKinnon leaving us with a one pronged attack....and knowing Morris' past big game performance we shouldn't rely on him for anything.

Poor JT, poor! Thanks for helping turn our season around...but he has alot to learn/change if he wants to be a successful coach.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Burt had a good game though, Delaney wasnt too bad. I dont think it wouldve made a difference if O'Dwyer and McKinnon played. Ok McKinnon wouldve made a few breaks, but I think our kicking game let us down.

Great effort today, you will be missed JT. :cry:

bartman

Immortal
We seemed to be in the contest longer than we were the previous two weeks, against the minor premiers this time... bit hard to call that a mistake in my book.