What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you Know? thread

Punkess

Juniors
Hehe I like that goldfish name. I had a friend who called hers fish and chips.

A rat can last longer without water than a camel

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Punkess said:
Hehe I like that goldfish name. I had a friend who called hers fish and chips.

A rat can last longer without water than a camel
I had two called that once :lol:

Sloths take two weeks to digest their food. :shock: :crazy:

Punkess

Juniors
Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the sharks' stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.

orcawithshark.jpg

Orcas have also been known to play 'frisbee' with stingrays before eating them.

p4009iv.jpg

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Sharks and rays are the only animals known to man that don't get cancer. Scientists believe this has something to do with the fact that they don't have bones, but cartilage.

Punkess

Juniors
In NSW, Bowel cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death for males and females.

There were about 1,637 deaths from bowel cancer in 2003.

Punkess

Juniors
- Melanoma is the second most common cancer in males and females in NSW. It was the most common cancer in males aged 25-54 years and in females aged 15-29 years.
- 1 in 24 males and 1 in 35 females will develop melanoma by the age of 75.

Punkess

Juniors
The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.

I suck at chess!!

Punkess

Juniors
Most lipstick contains fish scale pearl essence, which is the stuff that makes their scales shiny!

RK

First Grade
Mel Blanc, who played the voice of Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots

Punkess

Juniors
Upper and lower case letters are named "upper" and "lower" because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the upper case letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the lower case letters.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Cats sleep up to eighteen hours a day, but never quite as deep as humans. Instead, they fall asleep quickly and wake up intermittently to check to see if their environment is still safe................
meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK

First Grade
On average, you speak almost 5,000 words a day - although almost 80% of speaking is self-talk (talking to yourself).

Latest posts