What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digicel Cup 2023

mikail-eagle

Bench
What’s the situation with both these games being in Port Moresby? I’ve noticed most of the highlights you posted are played there even when neither team is from Port Moresby. Is it just easier to have games there because of travel?

Also when reading up I found something that said the Vipers play at Sir Hubert Murray stadium not National football stadium, it also said that stadium is bigger is that correct?

The last 3 rounds all games were played in Lae and Port Moresby only.
So there were double headers and triple headers in both Locations.

Yeah the Hubert Murray Stadium is slightly bigger then the National Football Stadium but it is not fully completed yet.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Gurias #11 and #15 are tall and strong running forwards ME. any info on them?

also Kimbe cutters centre rotinga and central dabaris winger pirika should be in the hunters squad.

The Gurias #11 Max joined the Gurias this year from the Waghi Tumbe after they got kicked out from the Competition. Don't know muc h more about him but this was his 2nd year in the Digicel Cup.
The #15 is Steven Bruno who was with the Hunters last year but for some reason the Hunters coach dropped him back to Digicel Cup.

I think all 4 including Rotinga and Douglas Pirika will be in the Hunters next year.

Coastbloke

Bench
Super League’s Leigh Leopards are apparently looking at a game in PNG next year. Not sure who the opposing team would be (Premiership club or a Digicel only rep team?) Also would it be cheeky to suggest Leigh think they’ll be down this way early next year anyway? Lol

mikail-eagle

Bench
Super League’s Leigh Leopards are apparently looking at a game in PNG next year. Not sure who the opposing team would be (Premiership club or a Digicel only rep team?) Also would it be cheeky to suggest Leigh think they’ll be down this way early next year anyway? Lol

Maybe Leigh are pre-empting that they'll be in the World Club Championship early next year....lol

mikail-eagle

Bench
365688059_621214849994411_1205345984156372283_n.jpg

mikail-eagle

Bench
Scores and Highlights from Today's games.
Elimination 1. Hela Wigmen 8 Goroka Lahanis 14

Defending Champions Wigmen eliminated.

Brian potter

Bench
Congrats to Goroka Lahanis who beat Rabaul Gurias 24-18 to stay alive another week.
They will take on Lae Tigers for the final grand final spot.

Another strong performance and hat trick of tries by centre/2nd rower Alex max.

this guy must surely be playing for The hunters next seasons and maybe even a end of season kumuls call up ?

mikail-eagle

Bench
Another strong performance and hat trick of tries by centre/2nd rower Alex max.

this guy must surely be playing for The hunters next seasons and maybe even a end of season kumuls call up ?

The Kumuls maybe a step too far for him at the stage.
But he should be in the Prime Ministers XIII as I believe a majority of the players for this game will be picked from the Digicel Cup.

Brian potter

Bench
The Kumuls maybe a step too far for him at the stage.
But he should be in the Prime Ministers XIII as I believe a majority of the players for this game will be picked from the Digicel Cup.
Yeah, that’s what I meant.

are both sides viewed as invitational rep sides instead of test sides and is it taking place back in PNG this year?

mikail-eagle

Bench
are both sides viewed as invitational rep sides instead of test sides and is it taking place back in PNG this year?

Yes.
Its used to give Digicel Cup and Confederate players a chance to play Rep footy and probably audition themselves for the Hunters the following year.

These days the minimum for a Kumuls jersey is 2nd tier in Australia or England.
And English 3rd tier on the odd occasion.