What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointed our fans didn't get behind team

mondoro

Juniors
I was disappointed that the Parra fans didn't get more behind the team. There was a crowd of 83,000 & a large majority were Parra fans yet I was disappointed that there was hardly a PARRA PARRA happening. We could have really lifted the spirits of the team more. It seamed that most Parra fans were in shock that we were behind so were mostly silent.

MystikEel

Juniors
I was disappointed with people shouting during the minutes silence. Idiots.

Me too. W*nkers.

As for the chanting, I heard a fair bit in the 2nd half where I was (605) but yeah only when something was happening for Parra ie we started attacking properly so for the 1st half it was a bit silent, I agree.

84 Baby

Referee
Bandwagoners don't know the chants?

I just hope they don't jump off the wagon just because we lost. Be good to be the envy of all the other Sydney teams. I would love to lock out every other teams fans from Parra Stadium because the Blue & Gold Army buys every ticket

Suge

Juniors
The Parra chant came up a few times, dont know what the OP was listening out for. It certainly drained out any Storm chant. And f**k those assholes during the minutes silence, dont care who you support, show some respect.

big_matt

Juniors
As a Storm fan, this is something I noticed at the game.

It's a huge advantage for you guys to basically play a home game in front of maybe 60k of your own fans (removing storm and corporates/neutrals etc) and you could have given your team a massive advantage by getting right behind them.

Its an advantage we will never have - playing a GF in our own town in front of 60k storm fans.

I was in one of the Eels supporters sections and after we scored first it went pretty silent until your burst in the last 10 mins. With the noise yous made then, it would have definately helped your boys out if it had been like that throughout the game.

SCoops

Juniors
I posted this in another thread.

I too was disappointed in the crowd.

I was in the "Eels Supporters" section.

I was in bay 116 and I was told to shup up and sit down a few times when I was cheering the boys on. Both in the first and seconded halves.

I was trying to get everyone pumped and cheering and clapping when we made good tackles and small brakes. But everyone around me was very quite.

Cheering the boys on when things are down is the way to lift them to bring them home. Not waiting for them to spark themselves, they play for us the fans, we need to lift them.

We need to do better next year or it will all before nothing.

Coops

btaag

Juniors
I posted this in another thread.

I too was disappointed in the crowd.

I was in the "Eels Supporters" section.

I was in bay 116 and I was told to shup up and sit down a few times when I was cheering the boys on. Both in the first and seconded halves.

I was trying to get everyone pumped and cheering and clapping when we made good tackles and small brakes. But everyone around me was very quite.

Cheering the boys on when things are down is the way to lift them to bring them home. Not waiting for them to spark themselves, they play for us the fans, we need to lift them.

We need to do better next year or it will all before nothing.

Coops

The problem in finals and especially the Grand Final are the neutrals and the fairweather / finals fans. In the regular season the season ticket holders are grouped roughtly together in pockets and sit together, and the non-season ticket holders sit in the areas they know the atmosphere is good.

Yesterday and even against the Dogs in parts, there was not enough 'critical mass' to get chants going in parts of the ground - against the Dogs there were areas where big families / groups of friends had purchsed 30 tickets. Every man and his dog from the family/ social group was there, including a bunch of neutrals or people or half hearted Eels fans.

The GF was a smattering of fans from all over the place, and the hardcore fans were too spread out or not in enough numbers to get a good chant going. It is a shame, but happens every year.

Still - when we scored tries and when the Eels were attacking the line, the noise and atmosphere was incredible.

Last edited:

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Bandwagoners don't know the chants?

I just hope they don't jump off the wagon just because we lost. Be good to be the envy of all the other Sydney teams. I would love to lock out every other teams fans from Parra Stadium because the Blue & Gold Army buys every ticket
I don't know what classifies someone as a 'Bandwagon' supporter these days, but speaking for myself it's difficult to start a 'Parra, Parra' chant when your heart's lodged in your throat.

Kazz

Juniors
it was very noticeable = we were in bay 115 right under the big screen second back row, designated Eels, and we were surrounded by pockets of storm fans WTF??? I also agree because the masses of B&G fans were not together we didnt have them to spur us on, a couple of times there was a guy a few rows in front who tried and i think on maybe 1 occasion tried to get the fui fui fui moi moi moi chant going but it just didnt work.

as for the morons who sat directly behind us - if i had have worn any more beer i would have knocked you out of the bay you imbeciles

sarahk

Juniors
I was in aisle 624 and there were quite a few PARRA PARRA chants but it's just really hard to get it going. I was so lost for words that even my PARRA PARRA couldn't come out properly and i think everyone else around me felt the same. I thought that the chants were pretty good considering the circumstances.

Hass

Juniors
I thought there were heaps of Parra chants, especially when Parra were defending on their line, or working out of their own end during the first half.

Whenever the crowd wasn't chanting I thought it was mainly a case of everyone having their hearts in their throat - I know the suspense left me speechless on numerous occasions.

I've never heard Parra chants so loud - I don't know what else you could expect.

ROCCOE3

Juniors
Man I have no voice left today + still hungover....

I was trying my guts out to get everyone going with the Parra chant and also the Fui Fui Moi Moi chant.

I can say as sad as I was I still had a ball with the whole GF day.

Great year Parra :)

LillyH

Juniors
Unfortunately I was in Bay 143 - the Melbourne Supporters bay - every time I got up and cheered I was told to sit down (by my 7 year old Storm supporter son!)

Had a Melbourne man next to me spend the whole match explaining the game to his girlfriend.

strider

Post Whore
there were some chants - but tbh i think they get lost in the vast space at Homebush .... plus, what others have said, the parra fans were so spread, not one mass group to get it happening

while most ppl in the stadium wanted parra to win, I suspect lots were fans of other teams just going for parra - well i know the guy next to me was - so they are never gonna really be into it

The Fish

Juniors
I dont know about anyone else but I can hardly talk today from screaming hard for the eels. It was absolutely deafening when Grothe went over just after half time. Surely you are not gonna blame lack of support for our loss??

it was a tense game and the crowd seemed really into it, the Parra chant went up a few times.
The noise when Grothe scored is something I'll never forget, 70k people went up as one it was awesome!
We played some good footy yesterday but the Storm just had too much class.
how Slater got the MOM is a bit of joke, Cronk was the best out there followed by Hindy and Fui.

Latest posts