What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointing Crowds?

Brutus

Referee
Parramatta ought to be ashamed of themselves.

So much for being a powerhouse of the west. The Cowboys are a gun team, it was a fine day and you can shove the mothers day excuse up your clacker.

And when they do get a decent roll-up, thousands are turned away.

Sack Fitzgerald now!

Copa

Bench
I missed a local game because of Mum's day. I only got to watch half of the Raiders game on TV because of Mum's day also... glad it only comes once a year.

The Colonel said:
The restaurants down Church Street were packed yesterday. I know of quite a few people who sacrificed the game for their mothers/wives.......

The corresponding game last year was only a bit better - 8277.

But even Melbourne have got higher crowds in all there game than that 8277 or 8051

L.P.P

Juniors
Maybe the Ticketek incident from last home game kept many parra fans away as well??

Dragonwest

Juniors
question is then "why 4 games on mothers day?". would it have been better to have four on saturday? i understand extra time for city/country turn around, would have been better c/c on thurs, one game fri, 3 sat and 3 sun.

The Colonel

Immortal
AAS said:
The Colonel said:
The restaurants down Church Street were packed yesterday. I know of quite a few people who sacrificed the game for their mothers/wives.......

But even Melbourne have got higher crowds in all there game than that 8277 or 8051

We've averaged 14k at all our other games. The Cowboys, Melbourne and Warriors have all been poor drawing games...

The Colonel said:
AAS said:
The Colonel said:

We've averaged 14k at all our other games. The Cowboys, Melbourne and Warriors have all been poor drawing games...

yes i argee but 8051 is dismal to 8600 something which was the Melbourne vs Cronulla game at OP.

Brutus

Referee
Dragonwest said:
question is then "why 4 games on mothers day?". would it have been better to have four on saturday? i understand extra time for city/country turn around, would have been better c/c on thurs, one game fri, 3 sat and 3 sun.

Very good point.

Something for the NRL to consider next year.

The AFL have even stopped scheduling games in Victoria on Mothers Day because the people do not come. I went to the SFS yesterday and the crowd was exactly what I expected. I was at Coogee in the morning and Randwick in the arvo and the cafes were all packed with families as was the parks surrounding the beaches. Sometimes there are more important things in the world than heading out to the footy.

JK

Sometimes there are more important things in the world than heading out to the footy.

I still think that taking your mother to the football should be more acceptable!

I get the shits when people say the crowd was down because they played a team from out of town. We do every week, so what difference is there?? Basically, all you admit to is that each team probably has 8000 or so core supporters. Then the bigger crowds come from the occasional fan who only attends some games for whatever reason, or more so from opposition team fans.
We don't get that down here, so maybe people up there will realise what is going on one day

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not trying to pick a fight here or anything, but if I was a Roosters supporter I would be very disappointed in the crowd yesterday. The Knights are running last, without a win, yet average just under double of what the Roosters got there yesterday.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
nqboy said:
The crowd at ME Stadium was given as 13,293. That's a bit less than a sell-out, isn't it? Any reasons for that?

And where were all the Parra fans? 8051? WTF? I expect crowds like that from the Roosters when they're not travelling well and are playing a team SOOL like Newcastle, but I expected better from the Eels faithful.

Melbourne must be laughing into their stadium upgrade, thinking of Fitzy and his 8050 mates.

As has been said, Mother's Day would have had a lot to do with it.

But the real reason I'm posting... to let you know how beautiful you look in your new avatar.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Dragonwest said:

:idea: Good point

dimitri

First Grade
how can anyone say anything against the storm when other sydney clubs can get crowds that are worse

Latest posts