What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

I have heard everyone review this game and i cant beleive what im reading. I got the game about a week ago and playing it its a major disappointment. I only found out about the game a couple of months ago, i feel very sorry 4 the people that have been waiting 4 8 years. I think people are not being critical enough of this game. I know people will say that the budget wasn't big, but that does not matter. We shouldn't have 2 except sub-standard games. Im not saying the game is total shite, it has been fun playing it, i just think it cud have been sooooo much better.

[furrycat]

Coach
Just play it a bit more and get used to it and like it more... Of course it could have been better, but this was Sidhe's first attempt on a VERY small budget.

[furrycat]

Coach
Yeah which is understable. There is no game around that won't have faults. RL is no different. For a company that made this their FIRST project, it is pretty good. EA Sport's first game was even buggier, and you see how far they've come (not very but..) Sidhe can only get better...

Yeh true but for 8 years in the making the game is poor. I think sidhe need to step up a couple of notches, the game has the potential to become a classic, but at the moment i cant cant see sidhe taking it all the way

[furrycat]

Coach
The game was not in the making for 8 years. We waited for 8 years for a game to be announced. Don't be fooled, the game was only in production for 1.5 - 2 years.

carlnz

Bench
IF YOU DONT LIKE DONT BUY IT, Its your own fault that you were to stupied to rent the game out first and play it before you buy it! #-o :clap: #-o :clap:

The game kicks ass and deffently the best game out there, 2004 will be heaps better!! 8)

Look at the rugby game, its in its 3rd year and still got problems....

Still 2 years is a long time, im jus sayin i think the game is a disappointment. Its not that there are major flaws, its jus the game plays and looks like a game from the local arcade

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Warringtonlalala said:
I have heard everyone review this game and i cant beleive what im reading. I got the game about a week ago and playing it its a major disappointment. I only found out about the game a couple of months ago, i feel very sorry 4 the people that have been waiting 4 8 years. I think people are not being critical enough of this game. I know people will say that the budget wasn't big, but that does not matter. We shouldn't have 2 except sub-standard games. Im not saying the game is total shite, it has been fun playing it, i just think it cud have been sooooo much better.

You expect too much surely. The game is a RUGBY LEAGUE game. That fact alone makes it better than most because the subject is one we are all passionate about. Sure the game has bugs and flaws that can become apparent fairly quickly. It also has some absolutely great features (The offload system for example) and has far more depth to the gameplay than you first think. It is a game that rewards you for the time you spend playing it. I have been playing almost solidly since Christmas Day, the other games I got for Christmas have had one or two plays then been dispatched to the shelf.

As a game in general I would give Rugby League an 8 for overall quality. As its that good and has RUGBY LEAGUE in it I would give it a 10.

Go and play EA Sports Rugby 2004 for ten minutes then come back and tell us that this game is disappointing. Or go spend ten minutes scoring the same goal over and over again on FIFA or scoring through the side-netting on Pro Evolution...

The game is a peach and with enough support from the so called 'fans' of Rugby League it could become an unbeatable game. As mentioned before the EA Rugby game had millions spent on development, this didn't. It's miraculous really..

I cant believe u would give it an 8 out 10. It isn't you don't what ur talkin about. Compare it 2 Madden i know it didn't have nearly the same budget but still comapre them if madden is a 10 Rugby League doesn't cum close. People who say u can't comapre them are talking shit we shud strive for a game as good as madden!!!

Carlnz dont call me stupid yeh!!! I enjoy playin the game it is fun im jus sayin it got alot of hype and it hasn't lived up to expectations. I think everyone is jus sayin iuts good cos they don't want to admit that a game theyve been waitin 4 4 years isn't brilliant

carlnz

Bench
well what kind of person who is not sure about a game buys it without trailing it?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It give it a 8/10 overall, Once they iron out all the little problems and put internation teams on there......it will be a 10/10!!!!

I think it is brillent how you have to play for a certian amount of time to unlock videos and that.....

[furrycat]

Coach
4 years? I said two... You are entitled to your opinion, but don't be like FI and voice it over and over again.

Clevo

Juniors
Warringtonlalala said:

If you search for my posts you will see I have been highly critical too. The Game is basically at minimum requirement development for release. Just good enough to satisfy enough gamers.

mikdalton

Juniors
Dont pay any attention to him, he's from a Warrington so he hoped this game would make up for a severe lack of trophies from the team he loves.

I thought the game is justifyably an 8/10. As for 2 years, Rugby 2004 took 3 years to make and was so poor they called it rugby but forgot to put rugby league in!!!!!!

wirefan

Juniors
I give it 79%, and a reccomended to RL fans only tag.

Gamers who dont like RL will hate it.

It has bugs, big bugs. But on the whole its decent.

I've had some damn good matches.. Takes some getting used to though.

Rise Against

hahaha 8 out of ten ur kidding me
i give it a 6 and the only reason why im playing it is cause there is no other rugby league game out there.

Scammer

Juniors
JuSTiNcReDiBLe said:
the only reason why im playing it is cause there is no other rugby league game out there.

Mate you hid the nail right on the head, I love playing the game simply because for the last 2 years I have had to use my imagination by playing Rugby 2001 with the NRL patch, so this is definitely better than that but overall the game is a 6/10 at best and especially with todays gaming standards.

I am just sick of reading the comments of so many SUCK HEADS!! out there that keep defending the game and telling ppl to f**k of from this forum if they do not like the game.

Yes,... this is the NRL game forum and ppl are entitled to their opinions so if you like the game that's great and if you do not like the game that is fine also but there is no need for some of you dicks to keep sucking up just becasue Mario gets on and reads these posts. most of you must be waiting for love letters or something, who knows :?:

wirefan

Juniors
If I were reviewing the game as a game enthusiast and not a RL fan, then I agree its a 5-6 out of 10, but its a RL game, and there are no benchmarks.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Warringtonlalala said:
I cant believe u would give it an 8 out 10. It isn't you don't what ur talkin about. Compare it 2 Madden i know it didn't have nearly the same budget but still comapre them if madden is a 10 Rugby League doesn't cum close. People who say u can't comapre them are talking sh*t we shud strive for a game as good as madden!!!

The major problem with Madden is that it's based on a crap sport!! (Not really, I just prefer Rugby League!!) But seriously guys, can you guys honestly say that the first version of Madden is the greatest sports sim ever made?? Personal opinions aside, and prepare yourself for this, even the latest release of Madden's got bugs too!! All games do!!

Please be critical of RL 2003, I now I have been!! All we (And I would say the majority of the forum posters share this opinion) are saying is that we support the efforts of this small progressive company 100%

We are greatful that somebody has finally given us a decent league game (Arl 96 still rocks) at last and while it's far from perfect we are prepared to endure a few bugs on the overall path to a great Rugby League gaming franchise!!

Who knows how good RL will be ten years from now, you can bet that it'll certainly be better with the next release and on and on and on...

I'll buy it again!! And anybody who still doesn't like it after the next release always have the option to vote with your feet and not buy it!! It's that simple...

Remember that Madden started out over ten years ago and prepare yourself for another shock guys, the first release of Madden was as buggy as hell!!

I guage a great game by how much the bugs affect overall gameplay and RL 2003 plays beautifully to me!! I hate to come back to this again but (As a first attempt) RL 2003 is amazing and Sidhe have got a winner!!

The best thing about all of this is that we have a lot of opinions about a lot of subjects flying around on these forum pages and we're all still talking about the game. You should greatful that Mario and the guys from Sidhe do read them and we all have some input into the production of game, it kind of feels like it's our game in a small way, that we have had some input!!

I don't think you'd ever get that from EA!!

If that's "Sucking Up" then I stand proud as one of the biggest suck-holes in gaming history!!

Sidhe have produced a gem, all power to them!! Bring on RL 2004, you can be garanteed of at least one sale from me...

Latest posts