What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgusted, what else can be said.

The super coach has started off the year, and looks like he has found more dumb plays, dump players, and no idea how to win a game.

Where do we start,

1. Starts with Hutch ok, he went ok, when started, except, he was then off the field something like 40 mins, great start.

2. Phil Bailey never passes ball in 2005, in 2006, the ball dosent even get to him.

3. Darren Albert hired for speed, thats good, when did he come looking for ball, when forwards off loading around ruck 0.

4. Late in game Covell moves to centre Scott to wing, why we ask, when Scott is actually breaking the line at centre.

5. Not one set play by Raper, no backline movement, just ruck it up, and thgrow ball away.

His emulating Tigers & Cowboys, he maybe emulating them bit not there 2005 version more when they were whipping boys in around 2002.

Thank god i wasnt at the game and only had to suffer, wtaching on the box, that was awful, Raper cant coach, spoon here we come, next week, another lose, even though we are playing currently winless manly

I had my 3 month old daughter watching game with me tonight, and after what she saw, if she has any nightmares tonight, i know who to blame you Mr raper supercoach

Feej

First Grade
Man, I don't think its *that* bad, but then I didn't have any great expectations for this year.

I actually thought for the amount of ball we gave them, we defended okay. There was also more ball movement than I remember at any time last year.(It's a pity that couldn't catch tho' :) )

I don't think we're for the spoon just yet.

wittyfan

Referee
I'm sure your daughter would have taken notice at the poor options and tactics in attack.

wittyfan

Referee
Feej said:
I actually thought for the amount of ball we gave them, we defended okay. There was also more ball movement than I remember at any time last year.(It's a pity that couldn't catch tho' :) )

Brisbane were equally as feeble. I hate to see what a team like the Cowboys would have done to us in the second half.

Aries

Bench
Well, "what else can be said" is that it was our first hit out... a new plan, a new season, and played a team that got flogged last week!

Jo Ryan

Juniors
Plenty to work on. Maybe tried too hard, shocking hands. I think when we have our injuried players back who have experience we will have a few more options especially off the bench. Remember it's their first game. next week they should be better for the run.

Aries

Bench
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
The super coach has started off the year, and looks like he has found more dumb plays, dump players, and no idea how to win a game.

Where do we start,

1. Starts with Hutch ok, he went ok, when started, except, he was then off the field something like 40 mins, great start.

2. Phil Bailey never passes ball in 2005, in 2006, the ball dosent even get to him.

3. Darren Albert hired for speed, thats good, when did he come looking for ball, when forwards off loading around ruck 0.

4. Late in game Covell moves to centre Scott to wing, why we ask, when Scott is actually breaking the line at centre.

5. Not one set play by Raper, no backline movement, just ruck it up, and thgrow ball away.

His emulating Tigers & Cowboys, he maybe emulating them bit not there 2005 version more when they were whipping boys in around 2002.

Thank god i wasnt at the game and only had to suffer, wtaching on the box, that was awful, Raper cant coach, spoon here we come, next week, another lose, even though we are playing currently winless manly

Your in brissie... go follow them f**ktard

Jo Ryan said:
Plenty to work on. Maybe tried too hard, shocking hands. I think when we have our injuried players back who have experience we will have a few more options especially off the bench. Remember it's their first game. next week they should be better for the run.

I'm not having a shot at you JR, but that's always the way it is.......next week, next year....when does this 'next' end.

FMFD. I'm like quite a few older posters on here.......we're running out of time.

wittyfan

Referee
Coastal Shark said:
I'm not having a shot at you JR, but that's always the way it is.......next week, next year....when does this 'next' end.

It's the vicious circle of infinity!

Feej

First Grade
I think we tried too hard to change it up and haven't played any football for over three weeks.

I saw enough tonight to suggest that while we may not have the year that the fluffies always wish for, that we will at least be competitive and may sneak into the 8 with a bit of luck.

Not slitting my wrists just yet. :)

Coastal Shark said:

FMFD. I'm like quite a few older posters on here.......we're running out of time.

Exactly coastal, how much longer are we expected to wait for success, the old classics trotted out, they tried hard, these is some good young players coming through, there always next year, how many times have we heard this

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
How did we let that one slip.. awesome tries, great plays in the first half, then the second half produced far too many errors... but I guess it is the Sharks' first game back into the new season, but the Broncs weren't that good either.. It's mind-boggling..

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
Feej said:
I think we tried too hard to change it up and haven't played any football for over three weeks.

I saw enough tonight to suggest that while we may not have the year that the fluffies always wish for, that we will at least be competitive and may sneak into the 8 with a bit of luck.

Not slitting my wrists just yet. :)

Good point.. I did notice the change as well.. what about that 100 metre try.. put it in the tries of the season highlights package.. classic Cronulla.. the loss unfortunately was a downer.

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
We have a great number of good young blokes coming through.. our squad is a great squad.. my opinion anyway.. but yeah again with the unfortunate loss..