What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disinterested players

I know you like to just fish...but that 2016 grand final seemed pretty tough. Did alright.
He has a tendency to get belted out of games and he was mismanaged

If I'm a coach prepping for the sharks I'm telling my forwards to hit him as hard as physically possible early, in my opinion he can get blown off the park

wibble

Bench
He has a tendency to get belted out of games and he was mismanaged

If I'm a coach prepping for the sharks I'm telling my forwards to hit him as hard as physically possible early, in my opinion he can get blown off the park

Do you watch many Sharks games?

Rare day when he and Gallen (your other favourite fishing target) aren't 1 and 2 (at least for us, but often for the match) in metres, tackles, post contact metres, tackle breaks, offloads etc. Happens most often when we play "good" teams or in finals.

I hope every team in the competition tries to turn matches vs us into slugfests involving Gallen and Fifita

Do you watch many Sharks games?

Rare day when he and Gallen (your other favourite fishing target) aren't 1 and 2 (at least for us, but often for the match) in metres, tackles, post contact metres, tackle breaks, offloads etc. Happens most often when we play "good" teams or in finals.

I hope every team in the competition tries to turn matches vs us into slugfests involving Gallen and Fifita
2 words

Origin 3

Vic Mackey

Referee
Moses at the Tigers after Cleary pulled his contract was the worst I’ve ever seen. Don’t know if you’d call it not interested though or just sulking. If anything it looked like he was purposely trying to lose, Ive never seen anything like it.

Scott Prince really phoned 2006 in. Signed with the Titans in the off season and was nothing like his previous 2 years which put a bit of a damper on his legacy for mine.

wibble

Bench
I can agree everyone has one shit game in them but Fifs is one of the staunchest players in the NRL.. I think he was our leading try scorer in 13' (?) when we won the spoon.

I shouldn't have bitten. He is just trolling. Fifita ran under 100m in just 2 club games last year (and made 35 and 41 tackles in those 2 games- he averaged 146 m run when plenty of forwards would love to get to that for just a couple of games). You might call him undisciplined, or a boofhead. But you could never accuse him of not trying.

If we are going off 1 or 2 poor games I nominate Cam Smith from this week. His worst game for some time. But Smith also has a high involvement rate and could hardly be called disinterested.

To address the OP properly, I agree with the Boyd nomination. It is a bit harsh, because he is probably just injured and really needs a good stint on the sidelines to recover, but he is really struggling this year (and large parts of last when he was on the field).

I can agree everyone has one shit game in them but Fifs is one of the staunchest players in the NRL.. I think he was our leading try scorer in 13' (?) when we won the spoon.

I thought in that game he got belted out of it to the point where he went missing for large parts and was as effective as Brent Kite in that origin game where he made 8 meters without tackling his heart out like Kite did