What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Gus and Burgess need to get a room?

Doug2234

First Grade
Gould is always getting wood over someone.

2007 it was SBW, 2008 it was Snake, Last year it was Hayne - this year its Burgess.

Burgess did have a good game but. Intersting to watch this year..

Last edited:

Doug2234

First Grade
Still, if you think gus's one man circle jerk was bad last night, wait until he starts up his "let burgess play origin" campaign

Until QLD find out that Burgess once watched North Rockhampton Tigers on video, meaning he must be a QLD'er just like Inglis.

adamkungl

Immortal
SBW was predictable in many ways , but his strength and size what made him look better then he was

he couldnt tackle , his defense was shoulder charge.

He always held the ball with one hand and was always looking to offload , hence alot of drop ball from sbw

:lol: you never disappoint

adamkungl

Immortal
well tell me what else did he do, except for injury

But you are a roosters fan :lol:

SBW was one of the most talented forwards of the last 2 decades you fool...very complete game. Size, ball skills, crushing defender.

watatank

Coach
While I do think the commentary is over the top he is an awesome talent. To have done (and be doing) what he is doing at 21 years of age is nothing short of amazing. The only (recent) example is SBW.

Gaba

First Grade
He did win a comp and play for his country
What that got to do with it
, alot of players who people think arent first graders , were in sides won premierships and played for thier country

getting off topic

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
, alot of players who people think arent first graders , were in sides won premierships and played for thier country

getting off topic

:lol::lol:

No no, keep going - it's funny.

adamkungl

Immortal

getting off topic

Who has played for Australia or NZ who shouldn't be first graders? even Carl Webb should be a first grader

Fein

First Grade
I see you have competition in the souths ranks with nevan , going ot be interesting see which one is the most firey one

Is anyone here fluent enough in "drongonese" to explain to me what the above means?

Gaba

First Grade
The drongos and morons are the ones who are responding to this for example
fein , dutchy

seems to always fall for it

Last edited:

NAS

Juniors
While I do think the commentary is over the top he is an awesome talent. To have done (and be doing) what he is doing at 21 years of age is nothing short of amazing. The only (recent) example is SBW.

Gus is alot happier this year........Ultimately, this has alot to do with all this independent commission stuff, I'm sure.....

As for Burgess, let's face it, he's a marketing dream for the complete game. A young English forward, where the game isn't strong, who comes over to test himself in the game's best domestic comp.....He's good for the English Game and the Australian Game....and this has a lot to do with the wraps and the media coverage on him at the moment....

did Gus go too far? Well yeah I think so, but Rugby league's a funny game, especially for forwards....You don't appreciate the impact on the game that they're having unless you're there watching it live.

But that being said, if Burgess maintains this type of form, then he is simply the best forward since Sonny Bill Williams.......Better than Sonny?? Don't know.....they're different in the sense of their abilities. Sonny was quicker, but Burgess is bigger.....both are strong.....there was an offload late in the game which I just thought only Sonny and Sam were capable of.......The only clear advantage that Burgess at this stage "seems" to have over Sonny, is an over abundance of competitive spirit.....When things were going bad for Sonny, he'd go missing.....In all the games I've seen so far, Burgess seems to relish being the bloke who leads from the front, almost a "follow me boys" attitude, and that's what I think Gus was creaming over......Bear in mind that Sterling was equally as disgusting at points in the game........

One things for certain, Sam Burgess is worth about 1500 more season ticketed memberships to Souths....

Latest posts