What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do NOT take Newcastle lightly

dazeely

First Grade
Sometimes when a situation hits rock bottom, players can lift several notches. The Knights might find a mountain of strength in adversity.

Heres hoping this will not be the case.

forward pass

Coach
Whenever you expect a huge margin - it doesn't happen.

It seems to happen when you least expect eg Cowboys this year, Manly last year. There is no way you can expect Parra to play with the same intensity as previous games. Mentally, they will cruise.

I am disappointed Joey won't be there. Every game we play these days the oppostion have major players missing - Pulutua, Gulavuo, Watmough, Kennedy, Dykes and now Joey. We need to play a full strength team to really see how we are travelling.

We'll happily take the 2 points though.....

stiffmeister

Bench
dazeely said:
Sometimes when a situation hits rock bottom, players can lift several notches. The Knights might find a mountain of strength in adversity.

Heres hoping this will not be the case.

Daz, you been watching too many rocky movies lately. I don't think there will be any Rocky type performances by the knights. This is not one man rising out of adversity. This is a team so it will take alot of Rocky's working together to defeat Parramatta.

Taking them lightly or not, there is no excuse for a loss in this game.

They have a bunch of nevilles on the park and youthful enthusiasm and the will to impress will not be enough for them.

We have won 6 from 7 and are looking better and better each week. Our fowards will dominate theirs and our halves will toy with them all day. Our backs will have a field day.

We have every reason to go in expecting to carve, we only need to take a peek at the table on the left and take into account form and the fact their best 2 players (Johns and Buderus) are out.

I know what we all mean by turning up and not taking them lightly but in the fair dinkum department we win.

I think our bench will prove a big deal tomorrow night...pj, widders vella and co, they should have a field day running out of dummy half and out wide..it is a shame joey is out but that is life...

PB

Bench
Whilst Johns not playing obviously helps us, it would also disrupt out players minds....

With Johns in the team, the thought process would have been, "we can't take any team with Andrew Johns in it lightly", now he is gone..... You surely can't help but think, that when a team lose a player like Andrew Johns it makes them weaker and easier to beat......i hope we adjust mentally.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
parramatta 48
knights 8

I just looked at the Knights team :lol:

Maybe not 38-18 like I said more like what Charlie Saab said.

Maybe more like 58-8 :lol:

But are the Eels really going to bother to be fully focused against these noughts? :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
There's an even bigger danger if the boys don't play at full steam today... risk of injuries. They tend to come when players are not playing at 100% speed/effort.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Parra shouldn't have a problem but they have been guilty on a lot of occasions in the past of taking teams too lightly and assuming they will get a win and in the process getting thumped.

It's already happened twice this year against Souths and Brisbane then a few times last year most notibly against the Dragons.

I'm expecting a big and easy win but I hope the players don't they should be expecting a Knights side to perform like they did in the 1st half of the 2001 Grand Final if they expect and prepare for that then I doubt the Australian one day team would outscore Parra.

Latest posts