What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do or Die

antonius

Coach
Just posted this in the Goosters forum, thought I'd share it with you all.

For us Knights fans and our team this is do or die, don't write us just yet, the Broncos did that earlier in the year at the opening of Sandcorp, and we know what happend there. The Knights have a habit of saving their best for big games, Johns or no Johns you can be sure Saturday night will be no different. The boys have learnt in the last couple of weeks they can win without him, our forwards match up pretty well with your pack, so we come to the backs, it'll be a different approach to what your used to with Johns playing, I can see Doogs giving Mr Walker a real nightmare of a time should they play on the same side of the field (I hope they do) If Kidley can produce the sort of game he had against the Warriors then we'll be more than competative. I reckon Perry and Morley will be searching for each other, expect some fireworks between them. Finals games are becoming a tradition between us, this year our guys will be looking to avenge last years loss. It'll be closer than the sportstab odds have the two teams.

Doctor

Bench
You're right Antonius - never write us off. The Knights seem to win the big matches when, and only when, they're given no hope of winning.

I was reminded just today that last year's match was only lost after the 60th minute - that Rudder near-miss try that could have won us the game but within a few minutes Fitzgibbon had scored.

Even without Johns, I just can't write them off. The Knights are capable of winning this game, the red and blue faithful haven't written them off, I certainly believe we're not over till the skinny man blows his whistle.

The key is the opening 20 minutes - you get away to a good start and manage to maintain a good defence for the full 80 minutes and you win the game.

Can't wait - your post has only made my excitement increase.... :D

Terminator

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
if only i could watch the game.... sux having a weekend bar job.
You dont have a telly in the bar anywhere?
Get one ASAP, then when someone asks you for a drink at an exciting moment in the match( try to Knights) you can say 'Shuddap da Knights arwon!' :D

Kaz

junior
I am looking forward to watching Turnstyles #1 (Gidley) & Turnstyle #2 (Walker), spinning around, while trying to tackle :D :evil: ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
terminator007 said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
if only i could watch the game.... sux having a weekend bar job.
You dont have a telly in the bar anywhere?
Get one ASAP, then when someone asks you for a drink at an exciting moment in the match( try to Knights) you can say 'Shuddap da Knights arwon!' :D

Yeah we have a big screen tv, i work at an RSL, whenever the knights play i always pretend to pick up glasses so i can see the tv better. But i am working in the bistro which has no tv :(

Terminator

First Grade
Kaz said:
I am looking forward to watching Turnstyles #1 (Gidley) & Turnstyle #2 (Walker), spinning around, while trying to tackle :D :evil: ;-)
You didnt see Gids break that Cowboys try up on the wing?
Hes not a defender like Joey or Buds, but he is'nt a turnstyles?

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
unlucky.

at least have a a little radio with you, like a walkman or something, so that you can listen to it. if it is being broadcasted on the radio??

MC DUI

Juniors
I don't expect you will get one sensible reply to your post from the
Rooters fans Antonius.

I totally agree with you however, in all games where we have been
completely written-off the boys always give a good showing. :D

Off-Topic -

Is anybody aware of a way I could watch/Listen to the game in South
Australia before it is shown on Fox at 12.00am at night :?:
(Stupid Channel Nine :evil: )
I haven't been able to find a radio station or regular television station
which covers league at all. :(

Big Tim

First Grade
antonius said:
. It'll be closer than the sportstab odds have the two teams.

I saw the Daily Telegraph and they had the Knights at $28 to win the premiership. I have no problem with being the outsiders, cos realistically, we are. But my problem is this.

There is a team in the finals who havent won in the last 7 games, and for some reason they are at $14. Can anyone see how this is possible? We are paying double that. Well the best thing is I will be rich when we walk away with the Premiership.

I just spent an afternoon at the gym with a Rooster fan in my ear about how they were going to give it to us. f**k it was torture. It didn't help that I hate the guy mercilessly, but to have him just telling me about how they were going to cut out their mistakes, Fittler was going to bounce back and how there was no answer to Wing... give it a rest you wanker!!!

The funny thing was, he has no idea who I support. He must just walk up to everyone and talk like that.

~bedsy~

First Grade
People know never to write off Newcastle.... even the Rooster's players have come out and said there is no way Newcastle will lye down in this game.

astrogirl

First Grade
Big Tim2 said:
I saw the Daily Telegraph and they had the Knights at $28 to win the premiership. I have no problem with being the outsiders, cos realistically, we are. But my problem is this.

There is a team in the finals who havent won in the last 7 games, and for some reason they are at $14. Can anyone see how this is possible? We are paying double that. Well the best thing is I will be rich when we walk away with the Premiership.
A guy at work told me this morning that the Knights are paying $31 to win the premiership. He said it was a rip-off. He's just bitter cos his team is goooonnnnnnnnnne!

Anonymous

Juniors
bedsy said:
People know never to write off Newcastle.... even the Rooster's players have come out and said there is no way Newcastle will lye down in this game.

Sticky even went on to say that we are better off with kurt as halfback, as the defending teams have to worry about every other players individual brilliance instead of onlu shutting down johns who puts everything on a platter for the players. Now the defence has to worry about every other player because they all have extra responsibilities.

And i agree with him as well, i think we are much better as a team than we were with johns, every player shows their brilliance and achieves more with no johns. Vote 1 Joey as a benchy for next season lol.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
Vote 1 Joey as a benchy for next season lol.
:lol: as if that will happen... although he comes off the bench at 41 according to Hughsey :lol:

fosie

Juniors
if you look at out team player by player its actually a pretty good team. Heaps of internationals and rep players, no reason y we can't win.

Risa

Bench
My dad keeps digging me saying well with the tickets you have on Saturday, I hope there is some crying room. He's so confident that we can't win.

Whilst I'm not supremely confident, I do feel that we're in with a big shot. I read today that Ben Kennedy is aiming up for the game of his life, so there's something to beware of! With him there, we are a much better side. His runs inspire the other blokes in the team.

I think we'll know in the first 10 or 20 minutes if our boys have come there to play or not.

Latest posts