What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do our players care about the jersey they wear?

gaterooze

Bench
Um... Melbourne are coming 5th, Cowboys are coming 6th, and the Eels have just come good -- they were hardly shit teams...

My "2nd team" after the Knights is the Tigers (who I followed before the Knights came in) -- they haven't been in the top 8 in, geezus, 15 years! We won the comp twice in the last 7 years. Think yourselves lucky, everyone. A true fan of a footy team rides the rough times with them. Time to prove ourselves.

I'll be there to watch them play Manly in a couple of weeks no matter what.

les norton

First Grade
of course you can.... like i said - it feels like crap. But you go and see your team regardless...you watch them regardless. You support them regardless. CH - i know im not telling you anything you dont agree with. I just dont want to start questioning the pride of our pack

Big Tim

First Grade
tigermite said:
Big Tim2 said:
How a guy can strip a ball from a guy who is on his knees rising to play the ball is beyond me. He was held and all of the players in Red & Blue knew that.
He was never held. The player fell off the tackle well before it was completed. The Newcastle player had every right to get up and play on, and the Nth Qld player had every right to strip the ball one on one.

If you watch the sequence again Kennedy was hit by the first tackler, went to his knees, Rauhihi then grabbed him, Kennedy rose to one knee to play the ball and he was stripped. I know that Shayne, or Steve.. whatever his name is :lol: :lol: didnt call held, he should have. Rauhihi stripped the ball as he had all right, but my beef is with the referee who should have called him held. As for the flops, Hall had committed to one tackle, and as an x-player I know it is difficult to pull out of a tackle when you are already on the way down to the ground.

The ref could have penalised every tackle with the standards he set early in the game. I think he had a horrible game, and I hope we had our $10,000 cheque ready to go at the post-match interviews.

mat_parsons

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Ok fine.. I will now praise every piss poor performance of the knights because i am true supporter :roll:

I can blow up as much as i like when we play like crap.. The players deserve it, they should all hang their heads in shame, except for ennis.

I hate people who are cold blooded when we lose. We got every right to be angry because we support the team with our hearts, we buy jerseys, membership, tickets etc and they afford to lose from shit teams. I was very proud when we lost from Roosters because they played good and show some dignity and pride, but to loose from 3 shit teams makes me angry although I still love my team and that will continue no matter what.

Alex28

Coach
once Kennedy was on the ground, when Rauhihi placed a hand on him while he was still on the ground that is held. he has then effectively stripped the ball off a tackled player, which is against the rules. and then if a second player went to effect the tackle if Rauhihi hadn't stripped the ball, that then should have been a penalty for a virtual flop. (given it was North Queensland doing it so they wouldn't have been penalised...)

i cant see how that was not a penalty...

Grantwhy

Juniors
Alex28 said:
once Kennedy was on the ground, when Rauhihi placed a hand on him while he was still on the ground that is held. he has then effectively stripped the ball off a tackled player, which is against the rules. and then if a second player went to effect the tackle if Rauhihi hadn't stripped the ball, that then should have been a penalty for a virtual flop. (given it was North Queensland doing it so they wouldn't have been penalised...)

i cant see how that was not a penalty...

If Rauhihi had put a hand on Kennedy and Kennedy then passed the ball would there of been a penalty for passing the ball after a tackle is made?

Remember, Kennedy had broken through the first Cowboy, who was on the ground a couple of metres behind Kennedy, and Kennedy was on his knees in the process of getting up.

:)

Heck - If Rauhihi had put a hand on Kennedy and Kennedy had pushed off Rauhihi and run, I doubt the Ref would of given a penalty against him.

gaterooze

Bench
Check the rulebook -- a tackle is considered to involve two people EVEN IF ONE OF THEM FALLS OFF. The stripping rule has always been interpreted this way, because the first tackler STILL CONTRIBUTED TO THE TACKLE.

Archer got it WRONG, plain and simple. What he did was against the RULES, and against how they have been applied ever since they came into play (last year there were a couple of penalties in EXACTLY the same situation).

Latest posts