What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do our players care about the jersey they wear?

Gidsgal

Juniors
I don't think it is your place to say if the players have pride or not, you don't know how they feel, u can't get inside their heads and their hearts!!! I think The Knights always play with pride, it just happens maybe the other team played better!!! U have to realise how many regular first graders we have out!! Of course the boys have pride in their jerseys and in the team that they play for!!!!

You can tell when they just dont give a rats... The last 3 weeks we have shown nothing. No point praising them for that effort.. It was pathetic.

The real problem is we're now cutting the players that got us to the top, to re-sign players that can't even keep us at the top. We're going to end up with a $3.2M team that can't make the finals.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
Nuffy said:
I was criticised for saying it, but it seems as if the dogs / broncos games were more a fluke than many would admit.

I am also leaning towards that belief.
They weren't flukes.... we had enthusiasm and heart in those games.... we had a power to win those games and we did.
I think with a few of you saying we should have won 6 in a row... I dissagree with that... you can't underestimate any team in this game anymore, there are no easy wins in 2004.

Alex28

Coach
Gidsgal said:
I don't think it is your place to say if the players have pride or not, you don't know how they feel, u can't get inside their heads and their hearts!!! I think The Knights always play with pride, it just happens maybe the other team played better!!! U have to realise how many regular first graders we have out!! Of course the boys have pride in their jerseys and in the team that they play for!!!!

it is our bloody place to comment on the game. we are fans of the club - some of us are members of the club - thats right we PAY to be a fan of the club. we buy merchandise, we buy tickets to watch them play. heck the only reason i have pay tv is so i can watch the Knights every week.

and what we got dished out last night was absolute rubbish. there was no pride out there last night. there was no go forward at all, there was no hint of a playmaker last night. and the rediculous thing is no one will get dropped last night for poor form. Matt Kennedy will get another bloody run for the club - he isn't an NRL player but week in week out he gets a spot in the team. how on earth has he been able to play 50 games for the club?

so gidsgal, we have every right to comment on the state of the team - no matter how many exclaimation marks you use in your rediculous comment. this place would be pretty boring if we were all like you and praised them no matter what crap they take out on the field.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Alex28, all I said was i don't think its your place to say we don't play with pride, i didn't say u can't comment on the game itself, so read my post properly next time before u go blowing your head off at me mate!!!

Alex28

Coach
i read your post!!! and i stand by what i said!!! they didnt play with pride last night!!! did you see the game at all???

if that was pride in the jersey, we are in for a long second half of the season...

Gidsgal said:
Alex28, all I said was i don't think its your place to say we don't play with pride

Why cant he comment on out prideless excuse for a team? I cant believe you didnt see a team with no heart and passion out there last night... Someone needs to go to an optometrist i think.

*melliez*

Juniors
The team sucked last night... Nothing else can be said about it.

They had no pride... I reckon I had more pride than them all last night.

Gigsgal, we can say what we like when we like and how we like about the way the players performed last night and any other night. You or anyone else won't be able to change that.

I know for a fact that I don't appreciate spending my hard earned on a team that shows no passion or pride in the jersey that they are wearing, when I am either sitting at home, the local pub or at the game wearing my jersey with complete pride.

That team, with the exception of one or two players made us look like the biggest joke in the NRL last night. It was the most pathetic performance I have ever seen and I hope it is the last one I see from the knights.

thuganomics

Coach
OK ok ok the team was crap and thats being nice.

Thats 240 minutes we have played with NO PASSION , NO PRIDE and NO ENTHUSIASM. Im not sure what the problem is, but we better get our act together.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Gidsgal said:
Alex28, all I said was i don't think its your place to say we don't play with pride

Why cant he comment on out prideless excuse for a team? I cant believe you didnt see a team with no heart and passion out there last night... Someone needs to go to an optometrist i think.

I went to an optomertrist not long ago actually mate!!!

Big Tim

First Grade
This thread is a joke!!!

Fact is we lost, we lost last week by 2 points and we lost to Melbourne. Oh my god!!!!!!! We have lost three games in a row and our players have no pride. This is not a logical response.

No pride?? Im pretty sure I saw a heap of pride when Kurt crashed over late in the game against the Eels to put us up by 4. Anthony Quinn showed enthusiasm in coming from the opposite wing to dive on that kick 1m out. We lost that game cos we made a silly mistake to slow the game down and have to kick from inside our own 20.

As for last night, we were penalised out of the game. We have a gameplan of slowing up an attack so we can get in their faces and dominate, we werent allowed to do that last night. How a guy can strip a ball from a guy who is on his knees rising to play the ball is beyond me. He was held and all of the players in Red & Blue knew that.

We are the best supporters in the league, but u guys are making us sound like Parramatta a few weeks ago. I am embarrassed to see that you guys are on here, supposedly representing the fans of Newcastle.

3 losses and we have no pride, are a struggling team and we cant make the 8. Now thats a view of people who have pride in their team. WAKE UP TO YOURSELVES!

Kaz

junior
Big Tim2 said:
As for last night, we were penalised out of the game. We have a gameplan of slowing up an attack so we can get in their faces and dominate, we werent allowed to do that last night. How a guy can strip a ball from a guy who is on his knees rising to play the ball is beyond me. He was held and all of the players in Red & Blue knew that

The Knights were mainly penalised for flops, this not allowed in the game.

Granted the ref should have penalised the Cowboys several times, but he could have easily have penalised the Knights a few times.

Regarding the stripping rule.

The ref never called held & the Knights player waseither trying a fast play the ball, or he was going to run again

The Knights player lacked ball security, so Rauhihi had every right to strip the ball, & it was a one on one strip, as the second Cowboy player fell off the tackle.

tigermite

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
How a guy can strip a ball from a guy who is on his knees rising to play the ball is beyond me. He was held and all of the players in Red & Blue knew that.
He was never held. The player fell off the tackle well before it was completed. The Newcastle player had every right to get up and play on, and the Nth Qld player had every right to strip the ball one on one.

les norton

First Grade
Im all for everyone expressing their opinion so please don’t blow up at mine like you did at gidsgal....

Im with Gidsgal and BigTim...get harsher than you guys. Theres all these statements of crap and then a big BUT im really a fan...blah blah blah...3 games!! It’s only three games. Fair enough we sucked last night, it makes you feel like sh!t...I’m sure the boys feel like sh!t. And I’m sure they have pride in their jersey. I think about how everyone was saying crap like this about parra and then to hear Hindmarsh talk about, of course they still have their pride.

It’s only 3 games. I think of the south supporters, years of crap…they have things to whinge about...not us.

Dr_Zoidberg

Juniors
I think that year we lost 3-2 in the semis was my first year following the knights, and I couldn't for the life of me remember who we played in that match, I thought it was Wests, thanks for the reminder, should write into Boots N All to see some highlights.
ANyway, Confidence sure as hell is lacking, maybe not pride. Belief in themselves, they seem to think they cannot win without all the players who are injured or on SOO duty, which they've been proving correct, but they need to believe they can win without them for starters. Which they can.

IanG

Coach
Don't go slashing your wrists people. We've been serverly rocked by Injuy and Origin commitmnets. So we basicall fielded a young side that were thrown into the deep end and they sunk instead of swum. It'll be valuable experience to the young guys.

Ok fine.. I will now praise every piss poor performance of the knights because i am true supporter :roll:

I can blow up as much as i like when we play like crap.. The players deserve it, they should all hang their heads in shame, except for ennis.

Latest posts