What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Something

Collateral

Coach
They will just respond with their usual excuses, all written by some poor intern who gets given the task of responding to the plebs.

Doust and the board could not give a shit what you think. They might do something or move on if their income suddenly drops to 0 attendance and 0 memberships and 0 merchandising sales. Best thing to do is speak with your wallet.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
If the NRL has loaned us money, well then they are entitled to have someone sitting on the board.

The NRL need to look at it as Risk Management; The Dragons are one of the most important brands to them. No stakeholder can afford for them to continually fail with no apparent plan moving forward. Having an NRL employee sitting on the board (Until this Bruce Gordon business is sorted) is at least a start.

getsmarty

Immortal
My email to the board.

I will let you know if a response is forthcoming

Chairman of the Board
St George Illawarra Dragons

Dear Sir,

No doubt over the next few days and weeks the club will receive many emails from the supporter base.
Many of them will have the classic rant and many will be the well thought out expressions of loyal followers.

To that end it is incumbent on the board to sift through the material, evaluate what it is the fans are saying and then you have to work out what, if anything you do with that information.

Much of the content will centre around the results the club has achieved post 2011, the coaching staff, the playing roster, the development and pathways for juniors, the running of the club.

Many fans consider the board to be arrogant, the coaching staff to be inept, the roster to be ordinary and the inability to get TPA’s and lure high quality players intolerable.

It will be incredibly easy for the board to sit back and say it is merely the opinions of a few disgruntled fans or in fact just ignore it all together.

The tragedy is that it is not just a few and no longer is it the silent majority as the noise is getting louder day by day.

No doubt someone within the clubs media team look at all the various information highways including The Front Row Forum but the questions is “do the board read it” and do they agree with any of it?

It is fair to say that not everything we the fans say or do is correct, but we are passionate about our club and we want our voices to be heard and we want to know that our concerns are legitimately looked at and something will be done about them.

We go to work all week and look forward to the footy on the weekend and then spend our hard earned $$ taking our family to the games and buying merchandise etc and we are getting very little enjoyment from it.

Without wishing to sound rude maybe you guys should stick your hand in your pockets and pay what we have pay to go to the game and then you might truly understand why so many are so abjectly disappointed.

I have followed this great club for over 55 years and at given times had 4 generations of my family at different games but the current position of the club and the lifeless style of football we are playing and the constant excuses offered for the poor results are even too much for my 86 year old mother and my 11 year old grandson.

A sad, sad day indeed when my family can’t be excited by a St George Illawarra Dragons game.

There is no doubt the club is facing many issues but if it loses its fan base everything else will pale into insignificance.

If the board and the club fail to ignore the obvious warning signs of a disgruntled supporter base then do so at your own peril because although you may still be on the board of this once great club it will ultimately become a lifeless corpse as the fans are the heart and soul of the club and without them there is nothing.

This email is sent in good faith and I sincerely hope that you give its contents due consideration.

Yours truly,

BRAVO...well said.

Red V for life

Juniors
Would we be better Off ? Still jobs for the boys.

In the short term, no...but I think no matter who is next in line there's likely to be a 2-3 year painful period.

I'll say this. I'd have every confidence that under a Brown regime our talent identification and management would set us up nicely for the future, especially since no one wants to sign with us. This is the main reason why I think the Knights put him in charge...to identify and retain the talent.

I guess looking at the positives, if this story is about Browny and McGregor, then the wheels are potentially slowly starting to turn at HQ.

St Georgio

Juniors
FewAt least with Browny we could attack. Even though the Knights are running poorly, I don't think it's a true reflection on Browny's coach ability, I also like the fact that he went over to England to enhance his coaching, winning a comp with St Helens! I would having back ahead of McGregor any day of the week.
Tony Smith could be the one fox is talking about, he did play for US!

Last edited:
I would welcome Browny's appointment if this were true.

He is a tremendous judge of junior talent.

It would solve the current situation of Millward/Mary failing to secure the right juniors.

He is an attacking coach.

He has won an ESL title and has served his apprenticeship. In essence he now has the experience.

I would have him back in a heartbeat.

A rag tag Newcastle side nearly took out the raiders last week. Newcastle is getting steadily better.

We have a far superior squad and yet our performances don't reflect this.

Mary has clearly lost the dressing room.

The Manly game was a must win game.

The team did not show any self belief. Once we fall behind we simply don't believe we can score sufficient points to win a game.

Watched the Newcastle game. The number of offloads from Newcastle lead them to make many metres with a much smaller pack.

Frizzell would be unstoppable with Browny calling the shots.

Coffs dragon

Bench
It could be Des Hasler going back to Manly, our management is to dumb to make any positive changes.
100% spot on.....rumored for a while now and Bozo Fulton will be pulling strings behind everyones back. IMO this story has nothing to do with Dragons and Brownie just linked by association. Our management would be too dumb to be proactive and too tight to part with dollars they don't have.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
They will just respond with their usual excuses, all written by some poor intern who gets given the task of responding to the plebs.

Doust and the board could not give a shit what you think. They might do something or move on if their income suddenly drops to 0 attendance and 0 memberships and 0 merchandising sales. Best thing to do is speak with your wallet.

Doubt it

Mr Red

First Grade
Obviously time for dousty to conduct another internal performance review because that worked so well last time in solving the obvious issues .... Very strange logic letting the guy who causes most of the problems be tasked with trying to fix them....

Red V for life

Juniors
It could be Des Hasler going back to Manly, our management is to dumb to make any positive changes.

That had crossed my mind. Both Brown and Barrett are contracted till 2018 with both Mary and Des up in 2017. Manly would likely have the coin to pay out Barrett whereas the Knights wouldn't.

If so, then i guess HQ chasing Barrett at some stage is likely. 😐