What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do souths look ok for 05'?

Big Bunny

Juniors
For the first time since readmission I'm confident in the clubs staff as everyone is proven. That doesn't mean I expect Souths to challenge for the 8 next season, even if it may become a possibility.

McRae did his apprenticeship under Sheens, Bennett and Fulton prior to hitting out on his own. In England he was able to take St.Helens to glory and isn't far behind now with Hull, who are now sitting in no.2. When McRae took over they were at rock bottom.

Richardson is professional and knows his way around the game. He won't make the silly beginners mistakes and is wise enough when to talk and when to keep his mouth shut. He is at Souths because he sees the positives in a club that is likely to be in a strong position in a few short years. The club doesn't rely on the 3 million handout that the Roosters do yet it is still not all that far from the break even point. The poker machine tax may even be a benefit to Souths in bringing the field back to our level, even if it hurts our juniors.

Fitness was a huge problem this year. Our supposed world class expert was an absolute joke. It's great to see Boyle step in to correct the problem.

The juniors are a great factory for players but it's still 2-3 years away before we start to bear considerable fruit. Smart buys like Williams and Young are what's needed in the meantime and will continue to be the way forward when filling any gaps that the juniors can't cover, rather than the other way around.

Nugby

Juniors
Bib, I'd put money that that's not the starting thirteen. If nothing else, a few of those guys are definitely out of position and Roy Bell'd get a start for sure