What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do the dragons deserve their finals position?

betcats

Referee
Not sure how you can say they dont deserve it. They finished where they did so they deserve it. Will be good to see them choke out though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
carcharias said:
on curent form they don't deserve a second bite.

..and the Warriors do?

Your season determines your place in the finals and that is where the Dragons proved they are worthy of playing in the finals.

At the end of the day they were beaten by a Tigers outfit who finished above them. They weren't blown off the park

InThatNumber

Juniors
Not sure how you can say they dont deserve it. They finished where they did so they deserve it. Will be good to see them choke out though.
We can only play teams ranked above us unless the Warriors pull off a miracle and meet us in the GF. So going by the fact we are playing everyone who is "better" than us, how exactly is it a choke if we lose? I guess you think that we can only be beaten by ourselves and that no one actually is good enough to beat us on their own merit. Interesting.

betcats

Referee
We can only play teams ranked above us unless the Warriors pull off a miracle and meet us in the GF. So going by the fact we are playing everyone who is "better" than us, how exactly is it a choke if we lose? I guess you think that we can only be beaten by ourselves and that no one actually is good enough to beat us on their own merit. Interesting.

Its a choke, dont u worry about that.

carcharias

Immortal
You mention the dragons as the key focus of this post, yet the warriors who finished 6th below the Dragons got flogged by 30 points and yet no mention of them....

I wonder why that is?
start a thread asking if the warriors deserve to be there...Iwill give the same answer = no.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
start a thread asking if the warriors deserve to be there...Iwill give the same answer = no.

Carch I don't really care what your opinion is. This thread is just another typical kick the boot into the Dragons that has become increasingly more and more common over the last few months. It has nothing to do with the finals system and the thread would never have been created had the Dragons not been in this position, which is blatantly obvious based on the focus of the original post.

The McIntyre system is screwed up in so many ways, I don't think you'll find anyone contesting it.

hitman82

Bench
Warriors certainly don't deserve our current position.

We got pumped by 30 points and now we go into a match with the Tigers, who won their game convincingly, and apart from not having home ground advantage - we have just as much opportunity as Wests to make the semis.

Seems ridiculous.

carcharias

Immortal
Warriors certainly don't deserve our current position.

We got pumped by 30 points and now we go into a match with the Tigers, who won their game convincingly, and apart from not having home ground advantage - we have just as much opportunity as Wests to make the semis.

Seems ridiculous.

the voice of reason.

netic

Juniors
Do they deserve to be there probably not.

But in 05 Cowboys played the Tigers in the 4 v 5 game and the Tigers thrashed them 50 - 6 and yet they got another chance and then made it all the the way to the GF, that never should have happened then and the Dragons and Warriors shouldn't have a second chance now....

But that is our system and i guess we gotta live by it, but it should be looked at

bottle

Coach
Hot tip kids, it's called the McIntyre system. Been around for a while now. Try and keep up.
Next you'll be lining up with the other clown calling for a first past the post system accompanied by approved salary cap rorting.

I'm outraged we even have a finals series.
We should just give the premiership to the tigers... no, we should just give the premiership to Benji Marshall.
He's the only reason we watch rugby league for. I know cause Phil Gould said so.

Some of you guys take losing pretty badly. Supporting such a successful club clearly engenders a 'born to rule' mentality. As somebody who supported a crap side for the most part of two decades I can assure you that losing isn't the end of the world.

Good thread :roll:

To attack the only team who has ever been shafted after losing the 4 v 5 game for getting the same roll of the dice that every other club would be allowed to take for granted?
:shock: