What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the Kiwis have a chance ??

Can anyone give me an idea on the possible squad to be announced for the test against Oz...I am struggling to come up with a squad !!!.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Can anyone give me an idea on the possible squad to be announced for the test against Oz...I am struggling to come up with a squad !!!.

No idea but I would be picking S Price as a starting prop for the roos. He is held in high esteem in nz and they would be in awe of him.

[furrycat]

Coach
They were talking about SBW going to 5/8 and Benji to half...

Finally scrapped that plan and want Roberts to half

In-goal

Bench
The problem NZ face is some of there very best play in the RSL and by way of fixturing Australia gains a massive advantage for all in Season test matches.

It's beyond me why the RLIF don't get in the way and enforce International breaks throughout the season for Test Matches.

Brian McLennon

Juniors
kia ora storm said:

No need to worry mate i will put a squad together that will have Passion Pride in the jersey and go out their and play for each other.

Here is a shadow team for you to chew over

WEBB
VATUVAI
SOLIOLA
MANNERING
WEBSTER
MARSHALL
ROBERTS

CAYLESS N
TONY
ASOTASI
FAALOGO
PULEATUA
WILLIAMS

INTERCHANGE

CAYLESS J
PRITCHARD
HOHAIA
SOLOMONA

18TH MAN GREG EASTWOOD

Cheers Bluey

Don't mind the forward pack but have problems with the backline - Webster and Soliola are not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment ??.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Backline could be abit of a problem. Wonder if they will risk someone like Krisnan Inu in the centres ahead of Soliola.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Panther_Daz said:
Backline could be abit of a problem. Wonder if they will risk someone like Krisnan Inu in the centres ahead of Soliola.

Nah Inu might play at the end of the year.

Soliola was one of the kiwis best players last tri-nations, even if he playing not that good kant stop him from pulling one out of the bag - I hope NZ pick him. Plus he's playing in a crap team and under a coach no one likes
We've been doing that for years - Clayton Friend and Olsen Filipaina picked out of RydeEastwood reserve grade and were match winners against oz.

Whatuira is class and has come back for injury so should play before mannering make the team.
Webster hasnt been playing awesome but should get the nod - he's been there done that.

Sounds like webb is only one coming back from ESL, but they might bring back solomona now kidwell is injured.

shiznit

Coach
yeah... i think Soliola will step up if picked. Bluey seems to make his kiwi sides lift somewhat... a good run in the ANZAC test might get Soliola's club form back on track

mean_maori_mean said:
Nah Inu might play at the end of the year.

Soliola was one of the kiwis best players last tri-nations, even if he playing not that good kant stop him from pulling one out of the bag - I hope NZ pick him. Plus he's playing in a crap team and under a coach no one likes
We've been doing that for years - Clayton Friend and Olsen Filipaina picked out of RydeEastwood reserve grade and were match winners against oz.

Whatuira is class and has come back for injury so should play before mannering make the team.
Webster hasnt been playing awesome but should get the nod - he's been there done that.

Sounds like webb is only one coming back from ESL, but they might bring back solomona now kidwell is injured.

If Webb does come back he plays Sunday NZ time catches a plane Monday and Arrives Tuesday. Motu Tony and Jason Cayless will be here

screeny

Bench
What's the deal with Faiumu? Is he injured or something?

He's the only player I've ever seen whose step is so devastating he can make players air-swipe in the middle of the ruck. Tri Nations 2005 he did it several times, had defenders the calibre of Buderus grasping at thin air.

If he's fit he has to start.