What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the players browse these forums?

Well, people have the right to express their opinions.

I'm not gonna use the excuse that they get paid so much so they should cop it - they earn what they earn and so be it.

But, like all human beings, they are not immune to criticism. If I do not do my job, I should be criticised for it. If I am bad at my job, I should be criticised for it. Anyone who thinks that anybody (not just footy players) is immune to public criticism is a softcock, pure and simple.

Having said that, some of the stuff that goes on here is ridiculous. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but the fact remains many people post what they do because they are faceless nobodies behind computers. I would venture that 95% of people who talk crap on this forum would not do so to the players' faces. Instead, it's put out a jersey, get a signature, and drop a load in their pants because they met Luke Burt, Ash Graham etc etc

And in the same vein as my recent comments re: Paul Carige - Ash Graham has done 1000 times as much for this Club than anyone who posts here. The faceless nobodies who bag him each week need to realise that, in the scheme of Parramatta, you are nobodies. Ash is the real deal, and you do not even compare to his shadow.

Deal with it.

Sterling

Juniors
Hellsy said:
I'll agree with you Sterling.
Not on the basis that the boys 'may' read what we say, but because I agree that we should fully support them in everything they do and they don't need to hear from us how crap they played.. they already know it.

However this is a place where people come to express their opinions of which they are entitled to do so, so I don't think anything will change. Nice post though!

thanks Hellsy ....

i just love this club to death and i just think we need to be behind our team no matter what .....
Bagging them wont make them play any better ... but maybe some encouragment might ! ....

Sterling

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
Well, people have the right to express their opinions.

I'm not gonna use the excuse that they get paid so much so they should cop it - they earn what they earn and so be it.

But, like all human beings, they are not immune to criticism. If I do not do my job, I should be criticised for it. If I am bad at my job, I should be criticised for it. Anyone who thinks that anybody (not just footy players) is immune to public criticism is a softcock, pure and simple.

Having said that, some of the stuff that goes on here is ridiculous. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but the fact remains many people post what they do because they are faceless nobodies behind computers. I would venture that 95% of people who talk crap on this forum would not do so to the players' faces. Instead, it's put out a jersey, get a signature, and drop a load in their pants because they met Luke Burt, Ash Graham etc etc

And in the same vein as my recent comments re: Paul Carige - Ash Graham has done 1000 times as much for this Club than anyone who posts here. The faceless nobodies who bag him each week need to realise that, in the scheme of Parramatta, you are nobodies. Ash is the real deal, and you do not even compare to his shadow.

Deal with it.

thankyou .....

legend

Coach
Why blow smoke up a players arse though? If they are not performing and you as fans are paying customers, then you are well within your rights to give them a serve based on performance.

I don't believe in getting too personal though unless we are talking about Brett Finch.

parralight

Juniors
1. The club and the players are playing for the fans. end of story. Without the fans there is no club.
2. I and everyone on this forum support parramatta MORE than ordinary fans, otherwise they wouldnt waste their time posting.
3. We (thats you me and everyone here) support the team - thats whoever is playing.
4. The players have to understand that its not personal. We just would rather win than lose and have to blame something.
5. Long after these players have retired we will still be here. The 'fans' last forever.

Avenger

Immortal
Sterling said:
im not your friend .. shire scum .....

i rekon your a closet cronulla fan

I'm thinking of selling my letterbox and using the money to buy your house. :p

Hellsy

Immortal
Sterling said:
thanks Hellsy ....

i just love this club to death and i just think we need to be behind our team no matter what .....
Bagging them wont make them play any better ... but maybe some encouragment might ! ....

I luv it to death to!!
It saddens me the hatred some people have for some of our players, as I believe if they wear blue and gold they deserve our support :( :(
I can understand their frusrations though, I guess some people have more tactful ways of critising them than others thats all.
I hear ya though!

Hellsy

Immortal
Do not call me a genius for having an opinion. In actual fact there are many forum people that hate sevaral of our players.
I am not saying it is not their perogative to do so, but it saddens me

Avenger

Immortal
Hellsy said:
I beg to differ... but anyway, life goes on

It does . Sorry about the genius thing. Sterling "the forum poster, not the player" is however now on top of my sh*t list.

Look I don't know of anyone player who ever wore the blue and gold who went out on the field and deliberatly missed a tackle or dropped a ball. No one ever goes out on the field to lose or make mistakes. Anyone who played like that would never get past park football.
So lay off them!
Certain players in the past have not been 1st grade standard and that has shown on the field. But the selection panel or coach picks them so it's not the players fault if he's not up to. There were plenty of times in the early to mid 90's that most of our 1st grade side would not have played 1st grade anywhere else, but thats the players we had for what ever reason and they went out and gave their best.
Everybody makes mistakes, ever been in a car accident? picked a horse that didn't win? ticked the wrong box?
I bet every body on here makes mistakes daily and cover them up so no one sees them, the differance is these guys cop slow mo replays over and over if they make one, same goes for the Refs they don't make bad calls on purpose.

Avenger

Immortal
Sterling said:
just do us all a favour and jump of it ... head first preferably ;-)

as long as you get a tattoo, get pissed and listen to your heavy metal music, you stereotyped westy scum. ;-)

PS Hindy, Wagon and Grothe all live in the South too

Are they Shire Scum too?

Latest posts