What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do the players browse these forums?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Avenger said:
istockphoto_430062_middle_finger.jpg

argue091204.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
who used to live with bobcat before he went to the dogs then i remember them doing one with him aswell

Jamie Lyon lived with Bobcat at Winston Hills

Suitman

Post Whore
Sterling said:
whats your opinion on this suity?

Basically, if the players get upset over what is written by a bunch of nobodies like us, they need to get thicker skins. :roll:

Suity

Sterling

Juniors
Suitman said:
Basically, if the players get upset over what is written by a bunch of nobodies like us, they need to get thicker skins. :roll:

Suity

fair enough ... but remember they are humans like the rest of us ..... with emotions .... they arnt robots

Suitman

Post Whore
Sterling said:
not at all ..... he has credibility on this forum ... you dont! ..

wow. That's news to me. :lol:

Seriously, only those who come on here to stir sh*t (trolls) have little credibility. The rest of us have opinions.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:

Suity

Yes, good point Suity.

But there's criticism - Cayless needs to work on his handling, Cannings needs more aggression, etc.

Then there's 'critcism' - Graham is useless and should never, EVER play again, Burt is the worst winger EVER, etc.

Sterling

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Yes, good point Suity.

But there's criticism - Cayless needs to work on his handling, Cannings needs more aggression, etc.

Then there's 'critcism' - Graham is useless and should never, EVER play again, Burt is the worst winger EVER, etc.

exactly .... thats the whole point of this thread!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Sterling said:
fair enough ... but remember they are humans like the rest of us ..... with emotions .... they arnt robots

Yes, the rest of us have jobs as well and if we don't do it properly, we cop criticism.
The difference is, their criticism is over a public forum, but they have a high profile job and as Tyler said, get paid damned well for it.

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of the stuff on this forum is emotionally reactionary crap. God knows, I've been guilty of it in the past.
But to request that we stop saying bad things cause we might hurt the players feelings is just laughable. Really, it is.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Here's something to ponder:

Some players are extremely lucky - they are the Andrew Johns' of the world, and are blessed with a lot of talent.

Others are less fortunate - they're the Lance Thompsons of the world, and may not have that much pure talent but play with grit, passion and determination.

Imagine, then, how it must feel that fans of the team say that Player X (who is in the latter category) is useless, should die, should just piss off, etc. It would be hurtful.

Maybe they should get over it, true. But it would be upsetting nonetheless.

Sterling

Juniors
Suitman said:
Yes, the rest of us have jobs as well and if we don't do it properly, we cop criticism.
The difference is, their criticism is over a public forum, but they have a high profile job and as Tyler said, get paid damned well for it.

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of the stuff on this forum is emotionally reactionary crap. God knows, I've been guilty of it in the past.
But to request that we stop saying bad things cause we might hurt the players feelings is just laughable. Really, it is.

Suity

yes we would cop criticism if we didnt do our job properly..i agree .. ..but we would get told properly .... not told we are useless scum who will never get anywhere in life ...for eg. .. its too over the top ... .

strider

Post Whore
this has turned into a lovely thread :?

A few things I think on the topic:
- People DO go over the top in their "criticism" of the players, coaches, etc
- Just because a guy earns money doesn't make him a walking target
- I'm 100% sure no one who posts on here is perfect .. we all f**k up at work sometimes ... I don't think any of us would like a weeks worth of public personal sh*t layed on them for f**king up at work the week before

Avenger - i reckon you are a great poster here and i love reading your posts and the inside info you often have ... but i reckon u've gone a bit far at times crticising guys .... i respect your opinions on players, but i don't know if laying personal sh*t on them helps (maybe its tongue in cheek, I don't know - it often sounds for real)

Sterling - chill dude ... its a good post - i don't think you are asking ppl to not criticise, just tone it down ... but if others see it otherwise then its not worth the arguement - u r going down the same personal path with them

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Here's something to ponder:

Some players are extremely lucky - they are the Andrew Johns' of the world, and are blessed with a lot of talent.

Others are less fortunate - they're the Lance Thompsons of the world, and may not have that much pure talent but play with grit, passion and determination.

I'm confused?

What is the difference between being born with either of what you said.
Everybody in this world has been blessed with something.
It doesn't make someone like Andrew Johns lucky.

Suity

Latest posts