What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do the Warriors deserve their finals position?

devoid

Juniors
I think the question 'if 6 (or any side in 5 - 8) loses in week 1, should they have an extra life?' is a better one - otherwise it reads like sour grapes, IMO.

I don't have a problem with the current system (having copped it both ways), but I do think the better finals system pits 5 - 8 against each other (elimination for the losers), and 1 - 4 against each other (safety net for the losers). I hate how the SYD teams didn't get home ground advantage either.

woodyk2

First Grade
the warriors deserve their place because they beat enough teams to score the necessary amount of points to make it.Fuggin derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maple_69

Bench
They will have to really front up on Saturday and belt the sh!t out of the Storm if they want to have a chance of getting into the big one.

And the Storm will have to really front up on Saturday comparitive to their last 3 efforts if they want to have a chance of getting into the big one. They're in the poorest form of any of the remaining teams.

_Johnsy

Referee
Of course they deserve their spot. the won enough games & qualified and won when they needed to.

HowHigh

Coach
[FKN-SIK];7770858 said:
They deserved it more than the Dragons lol. Oh and went further too :lol:

Straight sets
How did the bulldogs go this final series
oh wait..

Bananabender

Juniors
Warriors deserve to be in the finals. They have been in the NRL all year haven't they? Why should they be missed out? They have some pretty strong players in their side. I never hear the NZ media whinge at all about the Aussie teams. They seem to just be happy to be in the NRL and do their stuff each week. Good Luck to them.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Warriors deserve to be in the finals. They have been in the NRL all year haven't they? Why should they be missed out? They have some pretty strong players in their side. I never hear the NZ media whinge at all about the Aussie teams. They seem to just be happy to be in the NRL and do their stuff each week. Good Luck to them.

Because they don't talk about anyone but the warriors. Some of us would like a bit more about all the teams.

Dragon2010

First Grade
We use the McIntyre system or however the f*ck you spell it and the NRL, club, players and fans are well aware of the way this work. Warriors played tough all year to make the eight. Warriors got lucky and survived due to Newcastle/Cowboys loosing. They bear Tigers in a great match with the ref's making some silly calls against them.

Yes they deserve it 100%. They are playing great football and playing like serious competitors.

Yes the system is the flawed but that's the way it works. If the NRL don't like it and think people don't deserve it the they will change it.

kiwiaus

Juniors

Totally agree with you Bananabender, couldn't stand it if Broncos or Storm won the GF.

kiwiaus

Juniors
Because they don't talk about anyone but the warriors. Some of us would like a bit more about all the teams.

You want to read the Courier Mail, you would think there was only one team in the NRL ..... the bloody Broncos.
And one player ...... Darren Lockyer, I'll be so pleased when he's finnished playing football. He shouldn't be playing this week, and if he does and something happens to him, it will be his own fault.

strewth_mate

Bench
Perhaps (again) we should put more emphasis on the importance of the minor premiership. Finals matches are volatile, they are not an indication of a team's quality over the course of a season.

The Warriors played some brilliant football this year and deserved their final standing at the top end of the ladder. They are not an unworthy team. If they manage to convert this modest (compared to, say, Melbourne) success into a premiership, then they also deserve congratulations for their success in the finals.

We all know who the absolute best teams in this competition are. Their position on the ladder reflects this. It even earns them some sort of protection in this finals system - so I suppose it's too bad for the best teams if they can't go all the way.

skeepe

Immortal
f**kin oath I am. If the Warriors play like they did against either Wests or the Broncos then Melbourne will have it won inside 20 minutes.

Fair enough, how about now? Ready to admit that I was right all along and you're a f**king terrible judge of talent?

Goddy

Juniors
I do believe they deserve their spot, because they fought for it, only AFTER getting smashed by my side, which I'm a little irked about.

My faith in the Mcintyre system disappeared this year.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The system sucks, but you can only play the system as it is. The Warriors got lucky, and took full advantage of it (like the Cowboys in 05). And they gave all of us Melbourne haters whose teams were already dead and buried something to smile about. :)