What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do the Warriors deserve their finals position?

Lego_Man

First Grade
Yes they deserved their spot in the finals, but after coming 6th and losing a final there should be no second chances.

Put in a performance like that in a final and any team should be ousted IMO.

Yeah, we should have a committee meet after all finals games and decide if the efforts of either side were "good enough". If the vote is no, theyre eliminated.

Idiot.

It's a rules based system where 2 teams are eliminated per week. End of story.

analyst

Juniors
above^^^

I dont think anyone is silly enough to question whether worriors or any team deserve to play in finals football, if you finish in the 8 then you play finals football period!!,

I just happen to have the opinion that once finals football has started then teams 5,6,7,8 should not be allowed to loss a match and keep going, they should have to win all games in a row in order to win the grand final ,I think the fortune of being able to loss just 1 match should be given only to the top 4 teams which would give more incentive for teams to fight for a top 4 position during season games , its no big deal people its just an opinion, I doubt im the only one which has an opinion of the current system.

its not a case of judging a performace after the fact and then deciding whether they should of been in the top 8, thats ludicrous

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
Yeah, we should have a committee meet after all finals games and decide if the efforts of either side were "good enough". If the vote is no, theyre eliminated.

Idiot.

It's a rules based system where 2 teams are eliminated per week. End of story.

Aw still hurting from last night sweetie ? My point is if you come 6th and lose first week you should be gone.

shiznit

Coach
Aw still hurting from last night sweetie ? My point is if you come 6th and lose first week you should be gone.
what kind of geniused logic is that?? so basically the whole finals series draw is up in the air until we know how many sides from 5-8 lose??

so we could have a 4 week finals series or a 3 week finals series...

and what happens if 3 teams lose?? we end up with an odd number of teams left...

sounds absolutely mickey mouse to me...

and BTW dickhead... if we followed your geniused logic... you guys didnt deserve to win your premiership in 2006... because you got thrashed by the Dragons 28-0 in the corresponding playoff game week 1 of the 2006 playoffs

Last edited:

the rebel

Juniors
what kind of geniused logic is that?? so basically the whole finals series draw is up in the air until we know how many sides from 5-8 lose??

so we could have a 4 week finals series or a 3 week finals series...

and what happens if 3 teams lose?? we end up with an odd number of teams left...

sounds absolutely mickey mouse to me...

and BTW dickhead... if we followed your geniused logic... you guys wouldn't have won the premiership in 2006.

I am a Warriors supporter and I am kind of embarrassed we get a second chance next week. To be honest after the match of Saturday night I didn't care who won the other matches.The finals system is flawed but hey the Warriors had to travel to NQ a few years ago after finishing 4th.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Wow some Warriors fans are being silly, just be grateful your team gets to rectify last night's performance, they have worked hard this season and improved significantly as the season progressed.

They're still erratic, but there is so much talent in that side and they've earned their right to play in the finals and their hard work during the season earned them a do over.

shiznit

Coach
Wow some Warriors fans are being silly, just be grateful your team gets to rectify last night's performance, they have worked hard this season and improved significantly as the season progressed.

They're still erratic, but there is so much talent in that side and they've earned their right to play in the finals and their hard work during the season earned them a do over.
what warriors fans are you talking about??

the warriors fans ive seen come on here today have copped it on the chin...

theres nothing much to argue about... the two lowest ranked losers in week 1 get eliminated... the Warriors weren't one of them... so they stay for another week.

they were eliminated after finishing 5th last season.. so theve copped both sides of it...

Usain Bolt

Bench
lmao. genius. warriors fans are one of the few that take responsibility for their actions. More self loathing than self promoting if anything.

obviously you dont listen to Radio Sport and Alan Mac always cryong about how the Warriors are hard done by:lol::lol:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade

Well the same logic should apply to teams and 1 & 2 then who basically get a free ride into week two no matter what. Teams 5 & 6 survive simply because lower ranked sides lose out.

Meth

Staff member
It's a bit embarrassing to get a second chance after such a comprehensive toweling in Brisbane. But I don't think you could point to the Cowboys or the Knights as being more deserving than the Warriors; the Knights performance v the Storm was fairly anomalous; they lost to us, Brisbane and the Bulldogs on the way into the finals. The Cowboys got toweled by Manly. At the end of the day, over the course of the entire season, we managed to make our way into a higher spot on the table and earn the opportunity for a reprieve. Towards the end of the regular season, we beat the Knights and the Cowboys to earn our higher ranking. So yeah, as embarrassing as it is, under the current system, we've earned our right to be there this week.

No excuses though. We were just awful. The refs were awful, but towards both sides. When you were as good as Brisbane were, you just brush that off. When you were as awful as the Warriors were, you look to split the blushes. I haven't seen any Warriors' fans on here blaming the ref for the loss. Some probably have called Radio Sport, but the sort of people who call radio talkback are always going to be the ones up for a whinge.

GongPanther

Referee
After that horror match against the Broncos,the Warriors are playing themselves back into form.

So yes,more than most of the teams that were running around during the year,the Warriors do deserve their rightful place in the finals.

They will have to really front up on Saturday and belt the sh!t out of the Storm if they want to have a chance of getting into the big one.

Latest posts