What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we have too many good players??

just thinking about things and our form and got to thinking about the age old saying "a champion team is better than a team of champions"...you look at the teams up top cowboys, raiders tigers etc only have a couple of big names, where as teams like parra, roosters etc are not doing so well with a wealth of talent in the team..now souths dont fit this mould but was wondering what your thoughts would be....

Smartman

Juniors
Lets face it, Parramatta overachieved BIG time last year.

The eels have 2 stars in Hindmarsh and Tahu and the rest are average to good players.

Definately not a team of champions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we were a champion team last year so all of a sudden (with no player movements this year) we are a team full of champions? lmao

shaun

Juniors
Grothe, Tahu and Hindmarsh are elite players (Moi Moi has potential to be classed elite). The rest of our side are not big names.

I think that not bringing in any new signings has backfired bigtime. We have lots of average 1st graders. Though all we need is a bit of confidence and luck with injuries and we could go on a good run of wins. But teams like the raiders we should defeat easily.

There is too much uncertainty with coaching and staff leaving to expect us to have a big season.

Suitman

Post Whore
shaun said:
Grothe, Tahu and Hindmarsh are elite players (Moi Moi has potential to be classed elite). The rest of our side are not big names.

I think that not bringing in any new signings has backfired bigtime. We have lots of average 1st graders. Though all we need is a bit of confidence and luck with injuries and we could go on a good run of wins. But teams like the raiders we should defeat easily.

There is too much uncertainty with coaching and staff leaving to expect us to have a big season.

I disagree.

I think we have a good enough mix of 17 players that could take us all the way. I think the 18th man is our problem at the moment, and I don't mean the referee.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Having the talent on paper to win the comp is one thing.

Having the ticker is another.

An interesting debating point though, re the strength of our squad is comments made by Roy Masters in the herald at the start of the season.

Commenting on our supposed depth, he basically said we have two exceptional premier league sides. I dont agree. But thats what its looked like most of the season.

parralight

Juniors
We have the talent.
The problem is a culture thing.

We accept average outputs from overpaid employees.
The tigers are a perfect example.
On paper last year only Marshall and Hodgo would have been considered 'good enough' for parra side.

Most were on stuff all money. But they played with passion and pride.

Its like a cancer that has been allowed to slowly creep through the club.
WE NEED TO CUT THIS CANCER OUT!!!

Players have to be told - this is a professional game and output like this year will NOT be accepted.

Its as simple as that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we seem to also underestimate the ability of an opposition, you've just got it see some of the posts that were made prior to the Canberra game from people who obviously didn't watch them play against Brisbane.

Latest posts