What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we need more statues?

Pugzley

A Ben Alexander statue at Centrebet Stadium with him holding the trophy. Or a Craig Gower one.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Meant to be Rabs when he was a bit younger IMO.

393495-ray-warren-statue.jpg

Silent Knight

First Grade
Michael Bani out the front of 1300SMILES Stadium. To remind Cows fans in the years ahead that no matter how bad they're travelling things have in fact been worse in the past.

Barkley

Bench
I can imagine a statue of the great Terry Lamb at Belmore being torn down like Saddams Hussein's staute after a loss.

JCYkCN.gif

DeeJ

Bench
I know he's a QLD legend but I always thought it a bit odd to have Beetson's statue at Suncorp when he played out his career in Sydney.

jim_57

Staff member
I know he's a QLD legend but I always thought it a bit odd to have Beetson's statue at Suncorp when he played out his career in Sydney.

There is a precedent now for Smith and/or Thurston statues if they ever decide to go that way. Honestly those two should get statues at AAMI Park & NQS though,having both would be a bit weird.

As for the ANZ statues, I think it's a great idea personally. Having statues immortalizing moments as opposed to players gives it a feel of celebrating the game in general as opposed to just the great players. Michael Morgan/Kyle Feldt, Andrew Fifita & Sam Burgess all spring to mind just in recent times.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Does SBW have a statue yet

I'll get Danny Weidler on to it straight away.He's hearing apparently (with his ears) SBW's manager Khoder Nasser is working on it.But needs to get the official stamp of approval from Nick P.