What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we want him back

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation is right.If we do not get another front rower next season watch Smith go after Craig Smith.

The Colonel

Immortal
Krakow said:
Gee you shot that one down fast Colonel :-k

Always thought he had a bit of mongrel in him and the change may bring back that back, fitness shouldn't be a worry, we only have to see what they have done with Widders this year to see that shouldn't be a problem

I actually think he is more bitch than mongrel. Can't stand him personally and how he ever played Origin boggles the mind. He has a few good games but if we were chasing forwards from the Knights I'd rather see Woolnough or Abraham than him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
eelavation is right.If we do not get another front rower next season watch Smith go after Craig Smith.

nah!! Craig Smith will retire, Josh Perry may make an unwelcome appearence though.:D

Avenger

Immortal
Abraham is a top player, reminds me of David Brooks the goal kicking second rower for Balmain in the 80's. .

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:

We could do worse. Of the few at the Knights that can hold their head up he is one of them. I think he might give the game away though....

Freak

Juniors
wittyz chick said:
am i the only one? :lol:......:(

I would potentially have him back!!

You only need to look back as far as WADE MCKINNON to see an X Parra prems player go to another club to fail at NRL level to come back to Parra and succeed.

Many similarities, including parramatta supporters opinions at the time.

I like what I saw when we won the world sevens in 03. The kid can play and with the correct attitude and development would be an assett!!

Before I get smacked around the chops though, I agree that we have ample talent at the club at the moment and it is unlikely that he or us would ever consider a return!

hindy_fan

Juniors
if this happened 12 minths ago i would of probally said yes but at the moment i dont think we need another halfback.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I can actually remember Brian saying in 2002 that he thought McKinnon was blooded into 1st grade 12-18 mths too early.

Guess Brian was right.................again

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freaks post is probably the most sensible post in this thread, if there's one bloke who could get the best out of a guy like witt it's smith, i'm sure most of you were cringeing at McKinnon's signing when it happened a couple of years ago.

hey Flatch:nwave:

Phillips

Referee
there are no Newcastle players good enough for parramatta at the moment apart from Dustin Cooper, he's a good player

Hurriflatch

Referee
Maybe Brian wan't Reynoldson back :lol:

One good year and everyone jumps of Smithy's back for letting Kirk go yet the only time I heard his name mentioned this year was in Bathurst and on the injury list.