What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we want him back

Doctor

Bench
Witt has had mixed fortunes at Newcastle. He actually proved quite a reasonable halfback last year, alongside Kurt Gidley. His kicking game proved beneficial at times.

But this season, after some injuries (name a Knight without injuries) his form has proven indifferent. He produced some good performances in Premier League earlier in the season, and earned a call-up but now finds himself on the outer. The reality is that Dane Campbell and the promising Jarrod Mullen are better and younger prospects.

Witt is our fourth-choice replacement Halfback/5/8th/Hooker. Perhaps with the club's current injuries, that's not that bad. But Witt is a long way off being a first choice in first grade, a status that takes on far greater significance when the side has recorded 13 straight losses.

Witt will probably have to look elsewhere.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eelavation said:
I don't think he left in bad terms, althoough I could be mistaken, I do remember Smithy making a quote along the lines of I'd like to have Steve back at the club one day, but then again, he's said that about a number of players hasn't he??

you thought wrong!! haha

Macca_

Coach
Oswin said:
But Witt is a long way off being a first choice in first grade, a status that takes on far greater significance when the side has recorded 13 straight losses.

Still half the season to go mate...... ;-)

Just on the players mentioned, you'd have to think most of them shouldn't be getting fed. Don't think we would want and more importantly need any of them.

Macca_

PB

Bench
Memo to S.Witt.

Flight QF319 departs Sydney to London on the 22nd of Septemeber, with cheap fares ($1939 inc taxes).

You can still earn a decent crust playing 2nd division in the UK.....

Krakow

Juniors
Reckon Josh Perry would be a good one to target ...... might not cost the earth either?

The Colonel

Immortal
Krakow said:
Reckon Josh Perry would be a good one to target ...... might not cost the earth either?

Fat, slow and sinking fast and we have better players ion our lower grades. No thanks....

Glen

Bench
I'm surprised they're letting Craig Smith go, if the article is accurate. I don't know who they plan on signing to replace these guys, it's not like the club will be very appealing to players on the open market

Krakow

Juniors
Gee you shot that one down fast Colonel :-k

Always thought he had a bit of mongrel in him and the change may bring back that back, fitness shouldn't be a worry, we only have to see what they have done with Widders this year to see that shouldn't be a problem

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
I agree with Colonel, Perry sucks major arse.

what concerns me about Perry is that we've gone after him in the past and you know what Brian's like with players his gone after in the past...he just doesn't give up on them.