What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you enjoy the fights?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
They are ok.
I hate though when im watching a sharks match, as Im mainly just worried about who threw the first punch , than the fight. (So I can figure out whose getting the penalty....)

Collingwood Storm said:
brainless thugs...if you cant beat them bash 'em

I'd wanna stay away from those AFL boys and their fear inducing shoulder bumps, phew, glad I don't play that sport, a real man's game!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i dont mid them, but i find it frustrating to appeal to a new audience when a blue is on the field.

i said it once, ill say it again... CollingwoodStorm, 90% of ur posts on this forum have been pro-AFL... take it to TFC

Inferno

Coach
Don't mind it although I hate the unsuspecting sh*t from behind like Trent Barrett last year or niggly sh*t in the ruck.

t-ba

Post Whore
Collingwood Storm said:
brainless thugs...if you cant beat them bash 'em

A few questions:

1) In Which code did an Essendon player attempt to strangle a prone Melbourne player on the deck two years back?
2) In Which code is it perfectly accept to put knees and elbows into someones back...sometimes resulting in Kidney's being removed?
3) How many fans were knocked out in riots in the crowds this weekend in all of the codes?
4) In which does a player up on an assualt charge against a woman get a guest gig in nature?
5) In which code is an ex-player who's a major contender for a coaching spot up on charges of sexual assault?
6) In which code do drug abusers get their privacy assured under threat of legal action?
7) In which code is facing up to a fan and telling him where to go considered a perfectly acceptable show of 'passion'?

Lego_Man

First Grade
Call me a barbarian, but i like a bit of well-timed biff.

Anyway it seems like it's something the league is really trying to stamp out. Even 5 years ago there was a hell of a lot more of it - i remember in 2002 a big brawl in the Warriors-Broncos game at Ericsson with Kevin Campion absolutely giving it to Shane Webcke. Noone even got sinbinned...these days itd probably be a couple of sinbins/sendoff and a stint on the sidelines in the following weeks. We dont want to go too far in stamping it out...otherwise you end up with a situation like Union where you get 5 weeks for throwing a couple of punches...but 1 week for driving a guy headfirst into the turf.

Boodoo

Juniors
Ahh the blue

It like that smell of freshly ground coffee

just cant get enouf of it

I remember a blue in state of origin where joey Johns got king hit and knocked out

RegReagan002.jpg

RABK

Referee
That first video is atrocious, it looks like a couple of blokes were seriously bashed during that brawl, one lookes concussed and is been attended to by a woman in the middle of the fight.

Alan Shore

First Grade
t-ba said:
A few questions:

1) In Which code did an Essendon player attempt to strangle a prone Melbourne player on the deck two years back?
2) In Which code is it perfectly accept to put knees and elbows into someones back...sometimes resulting in Kidney's being removed?
3) How many fans were knocked out in riots in the crowds this weekend in all of the codes?
4) In which does a player up on an assualt charge against a woman get a guest gig in nature?
5) In which code is an ex-player who's a major contender for a coaching spot up on charges of sexual assault?
6) In which code do drug abusers get their privacy assured under threat of legal action?
7) In which code is facing up to a fan and telling him where to go considered a perfectly acceptable show of 'passion'?

And which code has players munching on the testicles of opponents?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't mind a bit of biff between two player standing toe to toe.

That first video is a disgrace and would stop me ever letting my son play the game!

Funny how now adays you are more likely to see two centres going at it than two forwards. Used to enjoy scrums just to see which two props would get up and have a swing at each other!

Latest posts