What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

Do You Rate Benji Marshall?

• Yes

Votes: 123 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 16.3%

• Total voters

gregstar

Referee
Raider_69 said:
this poll should of been made public

5 now voted no... name and shame the morons i say
i'd suggest it's the usual backlash against the over-the-top, orgasmic knob-fondling perpetrated upon the public by sections of the media.

first there was the sonny-bill suckathon, now it's the benji backdoor tickling.

just let them play a few seasons before the statues are built.

Briza

Juniors
I rate Marshall Highly, not the best 5/8 in the comp - but the most exciting by far.

BWNB

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
but who will partner Benji in 2007?
finch or monaghan would be my tip at this stage

I Herd something like this, Kimmorley is going to the tigers, Johns is asking for a release because of the new coach Brian smith going to Newcastle and Johns will call Cronulla home.

Misty Bee

First Grade
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
I Herd something like this, Kimmorley is going to the tigers, Johns is asking for a release because of the new coach Brian smith going to Newcastle and Johns will call Cronulla home.

Medication can stop those voices in your head.

Big Pete

Referee
I rate him as a five eigth who always seems to create something and has an X Factor about him. I don't rate him over the likes of Lockyer yet as I havn't seen him handle the responsibilites Lockyer has at Five Eigth and vice versa.

anjado

Juniors
i can't see how anyone could'nt rate him
he is the star player of the current premiers
they wouldnt of won the comp without him
plus it was his first season without being injured
He wins the premiership
he easily has the best footwork in the game
his defence isnt particulary great
but what difference does it make
he is still young and he will get better with more expieriance
the guy is a brilliant freakishly talented player
if he stays mainly injury free till the end of his career he could become anything
as long as he can keep improving his game
he could easily become New Zealand's best ever player

j_tig

Juniors
absolutely! and his defence isnt as bad as people ie phil 'wanker' gould likes to make out. fact is the first try he let in the other night was a result of poor communication between him and hodgson, something that should improve. the second try he was outclassed by one of the best players going round at the moment.

simon says

First Grade
j_tig said:
absolutely! and his defence isnt as bad as people ie phil 'wanker' gould likes to make out. fact is the first try he let in the other night was a result of poor communication between him and hodgson, something that should improve. the second try he was outclassed by one of the best players going round at the moment.

I agree with that......he got outjumped by a 6'4 monster and made a mistake with Hodgson....

Bunji is a really good defender,he made four in a row in the middle of park at one stage,with his busted melon.

I think its a huge mistake leaving him out on the wing and putting him in these 50/50 situations.,......up the middle he is a very good tackler,IMO of course.Very good technique.

Bench
Benji is actually a good defender,confidence in his shoulder was the problem.This will be proven when he returns.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i rate benji, like every player he does has small faults!

i would like to see him stay in the defenceise line not on the wing!

i want to see him develop a kicking game!

and a passing game, he does throw some magic flicks etc. but just general short balls long balls etc!

he has a great running game, give him an inch and he turns it into metres!!

The kid wins games for the tigers, that’s the bottom line.
Anyone that you can throw the ball to and they can create something is more than average.

His defence is not up to scratch with most 5/8's in the comp, but I think he should tackle more to his body size. Instead of trying to lead with the shoulder into the big boys, go around the legs or midriff. Let someone else worry about wrapping up the ball (Just my sheltered opinion I’m no super coach).

Latest posts