What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you tip against your team?

Do you tip against your team in tipping comps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The way I see it is, if you don't tip your team, you aren't supporting your team. Not meaning to upset anyone, just my personal opinion.

hrundi99

First Grade
I used to but it defies logic if you're team is consistently uncompetitive.

The upside is that if your tip is wrong, you've just watched your team win, which is the most important thing. If they lose, then at least your tip was right.

Danish

Referee
Never.

Although if we start losing more than we win often, i might think about it.

Albinomonkey

Juniors
i tip against the dragons every week, even vs souths. dunno why - i don't want us to lose but i know that if i tip em we will! :) its as if i'm supporting them by not tipping em, and may explain why i have never got a perfect round as long as i can remember (or maybe thats coz im sh*te!)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Never have, never will.

Not once during our thirteen game losing streak last year did I tip against them.

C.P

Juniors
Never tip against the Dogs, i'd curse myself if I deserted them and they won. Ive known before some games its going to cost me but my hands have a mind of their own and write BULLDOGS everytime. It hurts the most in situations like last year where i tipped them every week without fail during our run of big losses at the end of the season and then ended up coming 2nd in my work comp by 2 tips and 3rd in another comp by handful as well. I knew it was costing me every week but i blindly had faith that THIS WEEK they'd come good and i'd be the only one who tipped them :(

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Well being a Souths fan and when there is a huge pot at the end of the year I have no choice but to tip against my team.

stevo

Juniors
never! Like Jobdog, not evn last year. Whats the point of tipping against them, i see it as wishing the lose on them

drake

First Grade
Never have, never will.

Even if it were an SG ball side all sick with flu up against Joey and the Knights, I still wouldn't tip the opposition.

bazza

Immortal
I am an eels tragic so i always think they will win - so i tip them

i never bet on games involving them though - because i can't make a sensible decision about it

ng_1981

Juniors
Never have, never will.

I figure that if you get the other six right every week you're going to be up near the prize money anyway...so I just concentrate on making my other 6 tips count and if my team gets up...bonus!

Latest posts