What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

forward pass

Coach
I must say I find BA's Post match press conferences to be a complete waste of time. Why does he bother (besides being obligated).

He seems to think everything is a closely guarded secret, and answers in as few words as possible. Listen to a Trent Robinson conference and compare them. He is happy to talk about aspects of the game, incidents and certain players.

I just don't get why he is such a closed shop all the time. There was a magnificent story on the weekend where the club surprised Sivo by flying his Dad over. What a great chance to tell a great story and reveal a bit about the club - instead his attitude was that in was no-ones business.

I think it is pretty ordinary tbh. I would rather have a player at the conference - at least they say something.

84 Baby

Referee
I must say I find BA's Post match press conferences to be a complete waste of time. Why does he bother (besides being obligated).

He seems to think everything is a closely guarded secret, and answers in as few words as possible. Listen to a Trent Robinson conference and compare them. He is happy to talk about aspects of the game, incidents and certain players.

I just don't get why he is such a closed shop all the time. There was a magnificent story on the weekend where the club surprised Sivo by flying his Dad over. What a great chance to tell a great story and reveal a bit about the club - instead his attitude was that in was no-ones business.

I think it is pretty ordinary tbh. I would rather have a player at the conference - at least they say something.
Does it honestly matter? The NRL requires them to do it. Have you heard Bellamy and Griffin “commentate”? And people have actually employed them specifically to do that

emjaycee

Coach

Not every question asked (and answered) at the press conference makes it to air.

Bazal

Post Whore
Isn't he talking to the fans ?? Don't we deserve decent answers?

Not sure. Have you ever asked him a question in the presser?

He's talking to the press.

He talks to the fans via other mediums as Gronk pointed out. And usually gives a pretty good insight from the admittedly few I've seen

forward pass

Coach
Um - You guys serious? The press write stories in their newspapers for fans to read. Who else are they writing for? Do you think the media guys ask questions for the own personal fulfilment.

emjaycee

Coach
Every question asked after the dragons win was asked by one of 3 journo's only. And for the record, there were only 5 in the room.